Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, We are looking at purchasing a used Juke and can't help noticing how much similar, even cheaper sometimes, the NISMO/RS is against what we would call a "standard" Juke Tekna. Can someone please let us know if this is due to the increased running costs/insurance etc, as such a high performance car at what we would call average money (up to £13 - 14K) seems strange.
Are there any known problems with the NISMO/RS, hence the lower prices? I believe they MUST use premium unleaded which is fine, but can someone who uses 1 daily let me know what the realistic MPG is?
Thanks for any help/advice.

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
The RS is an outstanding value. It comes with so much more than a regular Juke from a Mechanical performance perspective. This depends on the drive train. What model are you looking at. CVT or 6 SPeed ?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi, We are looking at purchasing a used Juke and can't help noticing how much similar, even cheaper sometimes, the NISMO/RS is against what we would call a "standard" Juke Tekna. Can someone please let us know if this is due to the increased running costs/insurance etc, as such a high performance car at what we would call average money (up to £13 - 14K) seems strange.
Are there any known problems with the NISMO/RS, hence the lower prices? I believe they MUST use premium unleaded which is fine, but can someone who uses 1 daily let me know what the realistic MPG is?
Thanks for any help/advice.
The nismo version of the older juke versions had a serious bump in power vs the non-nismo versions. Newer jukes nismo or not have very similar hp/TQ.

Here in the states my insurance company considers it a station wagon. Lol

Mine came with summer tires but if you live in area with snow make sure you get separate winter rims and tires or a good pair of all seasons.

This car does not require the use of higher octane fuel unless you want to get most hp/TQ/mpg.

I daily my Juke Nismo rs 6 speed.

Highway MPG is low 30's if you can stay off boost and under 70mph.
City MPG is mid to upper 20's if you can stay off boost.

I always fill with highest octane fuel available.

No "known issues other then a recall on the older jukes."

Car is pretty reliable even with mods and its low key (people don't rev at you/wanna race you/cops don't bother you much).

The 6 speed manual is robust (upgraded).
CVT versions are pretty reliable (just stay ontop of fluid changes).

The car Offers plenty of torque/power for city driving/passing and on the highway it boosts quickly (little turbo lag).

P.S. I didn't get the 6 speed to baby it. Lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts