Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Juke Nismo RS AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow Jukesters, following the new update to Carista (‎Carista OBD2) and having finally added support for Nissan vehicles I went and had a quick poke around on my Nismo RS and you are now able to activate the bottom Nismo LED’s permanently!

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Cool! Looks like it's $9.99 / month to unlock the custom part of the app. I'd do it and cancel, if that works. That is way cheaper than buying a turn signal assembly from another Nissan model with the DRL control!!

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
So this just doesn't work. That's cool. I didn't need that $10 anyway.

Actually edit, it does work I just had to enable it twice. Cool beans, thanks for the info!

·
Super Moderator
1,928 Posts
Now what would be great is if someone could sniff out the communication between the app and ECM and identify the PID and what mode is set in order to set this option and others. Any basic OBDII “scanner” that has bidirectional comms with the ECM should be able to do what this app does from a serial port/terminal command line.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Now what would be great is if someone could sniff out the communication between the app and ECM and identify the PID and what mode is set in order to set this option and others. Any basic OBDII “scanner” that has bidirectional comms with the ECM should be able to do what this app does from a serial port/terminal command line.
The CVTz50 app let's you run custom commands. If we could figure the data that app could do this and be even MORE useful (and its already super useful). Maybe even shoot a message to the devs and have them bake it in. Actually maybe send them a message about this anyway and they can do this themselves and catch the data midstream and replicate it.

The carista app is otherwise useless unless you want to dig up ancient ecu codes literally no other scanner I've ever used has told me about. Apparently my amp overheated once, assumedly while jamming to Hatsune Miku music like a weeb. And I got a brake pressure code once - no idea what that is about. This app no joke takes 20min to scan all your codes, it looks for **** that isn't even there. Said it was scanning my "four wheel steering computer" - uh....what?

·
Registered
2015 Juke Nismo RS AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This app no joke takes 20min to scan all your codes, it looks for **** that isn't even there. Said it was scanning my "four wheel steering computer" - uh....what?
I don’t think it actually ‘scans’ modules the car doesn’t have I think what it’s doing is a blanket scan for any available modules then scans for errors on discovered modules, the main 8 or so modules the Juke actually has are scanned in just a couple of minutes, at least they do for me anyway.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Nismo RS CVT (Pearl White)
153 Posts
Looks good! But seeing how much these cost to replace.... Is there a way I can turn them off instead? (without disconnecting it)

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Yeah just a final update, this does not work. Toggling the setting that makes this work only until the car is turned off and on again, then the led drls do not work at all in any mode until you go back in and set drls as fogs again.

Essentially this only works so long as the car is on. Then next startup your DRLs are totally dead until you toggle them again.

I did extensive testing, this is the way it is.

Basically, this is useless, sadly.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I was wondering if it required the obd interface to stay plugged in all the time. That's the only way I can see it being a subscription service. That plus it might need constant internet to validate subscription.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts