Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am 16 and recently bought a 2012 Juke SL for a first car. I was never really into cars or knew much about them until I owned one and realized all of the possibility's. I am very interested in getting into the car scene when I am older and think that the Juke may be a great place to start learning. I have looked into performance mods such as intakes and exhaust systems, however I always seem to get lost on where to start. I am excited to get into the world of cars.

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Congrats on the Juke. Unfortunately, it’s the wrong car really to start getting into “the car scene”. The Juke was only in production for about 7-8 years and there’s very limited aftermarket support. Luckily you have the gen 1 Juke so there’s a little more support in terms of mods and parts but there’s really only 2 or 3 makers of aftermarket parts for the Juke. Also unless you tune the Juke, any “performance” mods like intake or exhaust won’t matter because the ECU will adjust accordingly and negate any changes. Really you should learn to take care of the car through basic maintenance first. Then if you want to do more, tune it. Then look at adding parts.

welcome and good luck.

Reactions: MyNameIsLoop

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the Juke. Unfortunately, it’s the wrong car really to start getting into “the car scene”. The Juke was only in production for about 7-8 years and there’s very limited aftermarket support. Luckily you have the gen 1 Juke so there’s a little more support in terms of mods and parts but there’s really only 2 or 3 makers of aftermarket parts for the Juke. Also unless you tune the Juke, any “performance” mods like intake or exhaust won’t matter because the ECU will adjust accordingly and negate any changes. Really you should learn to take care of the car through basic maintenance first. Then if you want to do more, tune it. Then look at adding parts.

welcome and good luck.
Good to know, Do you have any advice in terms of appearance? I have seen many very cool looking models and I would like my car to appear nice lol

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your Juke. My son is your age and he is now owns one of mine.

You should use the search bar and search for anything of interest. There is so much information here. Then ask some specific questions and we would be happy to help.

For appearance, are you simply talking about having your car nice and clean and shinny (detailed)? If so, you tube has a ton of great information and some folks here tend to spend a lot of time keeping their cars looking nice.

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
69 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts