Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to the Forum I have a 2015 Nismo Juke 6 speed. No mods as of yet. I am starting off with the braking system and then moving up towards the engine. I have read that some people are using the 350 or 370z calipers and brake rotors. Any input on if mods have to be done to the current anchor system.

·
Super Moderator
4,004 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
You can also use the Akebono upgrade kit off of baaically any Z/G with a 3.5 or 3.7. There are a few posts with build logs on how to accomplish. You're looking at $7-900 for an 'OEM conversion' and it goes up from there for fancy lightweight rotors and customization of calipers, etc.

Z Motorsports even sells a 2 piece rotor setup specifically for the Juke if looks and weight are important to you. Thanks to @NissanEgg I'm pretty sure for getting these made.

Assuming you're on stock 18" Nismo wheels you will probably need 10mm (as I recall) spacers up front to clear the calipers- its all in that link Swift posted. All-told you need the calipers- Rock Auto has em cheapest, rotors and pads, banjo bolts, fluid- I use Motul 660, and the spacers.

@mi_avant has built himself a very very sexy and most economical BBK setup for his Nismo RS. (think he's selling the original rears off his RS, too, which would be an upgrade to what you've got back there.

I, myself have the 13" Wilwood front-only kit from TCE. He probably only has a few left, but they are basically discontinued. Might check with @keoke526 if you like that kit. He's selling the calipers only. Stupid stopping power.

Hope that helps and welcome to the forums.

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
I always want brake upgrades, but bang for the buck... not sure. Daily driven, tuned, exhaust, +2psi post tune (for now, little bit of flutter but whatever). Can still lock the brakes with stock. Only thing with me will be when I get my new summer rims/tires if the factory ones will look tiny inside an 18" rim...
Rules of modding (imho)...
1: Go quicker
2: Stop quicker
3: Handling
4: Be louder
5: Look better
That is not in a specific order for YOU or ME... I'm 1,3,4,5,2 if that matters. Again, I'm about 220awhp with a custom 3" exhaust and lots of 'interior' (only exterior stuff is some plastidip on hated chrome) stuff. Lots of white underhood goodies.
Here in Edmonton, I have my new winter tires on which are "performance winter" but I got mine studded so stock brakes will stop me on a dime but the a-hole behind me...
If Juklear ever ya know, wants to send me a set of the 3 remaining tce kits :D I wouldn't complain, he has Mr. Bunny on his mailing list ;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
17" wheels will clear the Nismo RS brakes.

if you run the Z1motorsports rotors and 370z akebonos up front you will need 18s as I havent found a 17 to clear them yet although its possible.

@JuklearWinter I actually sold my RS brakes to a guy in Houston area on the forum :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts