Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My partner and I are about to pick up her 2016 Nissan Juke 1.2 DIG-T Tekna this weekend with only 8K miles on the clock, the car is in great condition but I was wondering if anyone could help on the below.
I looked in the boot and there was no spare wheel or tools, the holder for them is present but nothing more, is this normal and if so where is best to source a spare wheel / space saver that will fit in the boot and the required jack and tools.

Thanks in advance

Carl

·
Super Moderator
3,937 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I would try a junk yard. Any Juke with front-end damage would probably have the trunk still full. They haven't changed the design of the Juke in the past few years so the tools and spare from any year Juke will probably fit just nicely.

Or I guess Tekna in your case.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Carl. Where are you from/where do you drive?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Both,

So am I right in saying her car was not meant to have a spare wheel or tools with it and would not have from new when sold by Nissan? It's only covered about 8K miles and having a look online it seems that they have a tyre repair kit instead?

If this is the case I will buy a wheel as repair kits suck.

@ CDN Juke RS - We are from Kent, England and I drive a Honda Integra DC5 Type R myself

How about you/your location? I assume you have a Juke RS, I was close to buying one myself :)

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Hi Both,

So am I right in saying her car was not meant to have a spare wheel or tools with it and would not have from new when sold by Nissan? It's only covered about 8K miles and having a look online it seems that they have a tyre repair kit instead?

If this is the case I will buy a wheel as repair kits suck.

@ CDN Juke RS - We are from Kent, England and I drive a Honda Integra DC5 Type R myself

How about you/your location? I assume you have a Juke RS, I was close to buying one myself :)
Mine came with everything in the trunk. Here, Jukes come equipped. Unsure about your country. Did you purchase from an actual Nissan Stealership?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi Carl, welcome to the forum!, a missing spare tire is just unacceptable, get back to the stealership and request yours, it doesn't matter if the car is new or used, that is a standard equipment world wide in any car, and you shouldn't be rolling around without it...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Unless you are driving this one...

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, It's from a main dealer (Renault who took it in as a part ex) not Nissan, will call Nissan and see if this is normal here in the uk or not, thanks

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Thanks guys, It's from a main dealer (Renault who took it in as a part ex) not Nissan, will call Nissan and see if this is normal here in the uk or not, thanks
Good luck. Whatever you do, do NOT take the RS out for a test drive ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Hi and Welcome. A junk yard, as stated earleir, is your best source for what you are looking for. I am sure there are wrecked Jukes around somewhere.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good luck. Whatever you do, do NOT take the RS out for a test drive ;)
Hi there I have stayed away form the RS as I have a toy already (Honda Integra DC5) which is pretty tuned and used on track and after some of my older cars (Skyline GTR's etc I wanted a good nice road car), the Nismo Juke would have been an step in-between the one we are getting and my DC5so I stayed away :)

Love the look of the Nismo RS though tbh

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nissan here in the UK have confirmed that that the spare wheel and tools was an optional extra at a cost of £240.00, the default the cars came with was the tyre repair kit so I will be ordering the missing stuff the original owner did not pay for :)

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Nissan here in the UK have confirmed that that the spare wheel and tools was an optional extra at a cost of £240.00, the default the cars came with was the tyre repair kit so I will be ordering the missing stuff the original owner did not pay for :)
Ouch. Hope you find something a little cheaper than £240.00...

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Well at least the puzzle is solved.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts