Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I purchased a used 2012 SLAWD Juke in January of this year. Neither of us know anything about cars, but it seemed like a good deal. We were a bit concerned about how low the exhaust was hanging, but it seems like that is normal on these models, te obvious string and duct tape Jerry rig notwithstanding. However, the car has been a bit loud. Yesterday we took it on a 70 mile trip and heard some new sounds. When stopped, we thought we smelled burning. All the tires are okay(all the tires are newly replaced), so we were wondering what might be wrong. So far today, we've had none of those sounds or the smell. We were just wondering if anyone might be able to point us in the right direction based on these admittedly vague descriptions. We've attached a picutre of the back underside.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the quick response. We took it out for about 15 minutes and the sounds got worse, so we're thi king it may be more than the muffler.
Do you have any idea what a good price for getting the exhaust fixed at a shop would be?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! Here's an update:

Like I said, we drove it for about 15 minutes yesterday. At that point, we smelled the burning again, the air conditioner stopped blowing cold air, and a loud shuddering sound started. By God's grace, we were right next to a truck stop at that point. We ended up having to get it towed home (which AAA covered thankfully) and it's sitting at a repair shop until tomorrow when hopefully we can have someone look at it.

The tow truck driver also mentioned that the exhaust certainly needs to be repaired. He thought the air may have gone due to a coolant leak, but nothing was on the bed of his tow truck, and the car didn't seem to be running hot before all of this started. When we ran the car for a few seconds to move it to a parking spot after getting it off the tow truck, it ran like normal. Could exhaust issues alone lead to all of what we experienced?

Swift, thanks for finding that for us. We may go ahead and order that and take it to a repair shop. Right now, we just aren't sure if anything else is wrong.

Samus, thanks for the advice. I have no car knowledge whatsoever, but that doesn't sound like it would be too hard. If we order the part I may give it a try before we take it to a shop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts