Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, my 2014 Nismo MT became my son's first car and I moved over to a 2014 RS MT with fewer miles.

When I got the Nismo new, I wanted the RS, but my wife hated the seat and it was to be a second family vehicle....so....

I drove it four hours home today and several times when I shoulder checked and noticed the Recaro red over my shoulder and then looked over at the passenger seat, I yelled out, "%$#%$ Ya!!"

I thought these Jukes were straight black, but caught in the sun, they have a nice, dark blue, metallic sparkle. It's beautiful.

My Nismo was build 10/13 and this RS was built 02/14. In between, they changed the head unit. The buttons and display are different. There's an apps button and Blue tooth audio works! No more cable!

Now, here's the weirder part, it sounds better than my Nismo, even though I have improved the sound of it with deadening, open cell and rings, as well as poly-fill in the sub box. They changed something, maybe more than the head unit. The high's aren't as piercing, mids are better and bass is better. Go figure.

I noticed a few other differences. Obviously the chassis reinforcement, more robust control arms, etc. lead to a some handling and feel improvements. Not drastic, but noticeable. More saddle time needed.

The diverter/turbo wiffles under boost in higher gears, just like my Nismo used to do when newer. Hopefully a new diverter will help with that. It has an Injen SRI. Power is nice, otherwise.

The exhaust is a nice volume and tone. Obviously not as loud at the Injen, but louder and better sounding than the Nismo because the RS doesn't have the resonator.

The changed lower gear ratio's are slighly noticeable. Tranny feels the same otherwise, which it should, since it's the same. Clutch feels heavier for some reason.

Brake rotors need replacing and they need a flush and bleed, so I can't comment on the brakes.

Highway gas mileage seems to be better than my Nismo for some reason. Same highway, same speed, but it was reading a few decimal points better (l/100km) then now or when my Nismo was new.

The window visors make a big difference in wind noise. I was going to take them off because I don't think I like the look, but they are staying on. This RS also has great window tinting that's awesome with the color. From in the cabin, visibility is still great.

I look forward to getting to know it better. I'm very happy so far. Here are a few photos from my stop on the way home.

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
Enjoy your RS. Fun Car.

·
Registered
2014 Nismo RS
13 Posts
I love my 2014 RS!! Curious about the head unit did you get the one with gps because that would explain the better sound those came with a Bose package including a hidden sub.. especially curious because my RS was built in 5/14 but I can not use Bluetooth audio I can only use it for phone calls.

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both my 2014's were with the Nav/GPS, Rockford Fosgate system. They didn't sell a Bose version, at least up here in Canada.

My born Oct 2013, 2014 Nismo had one like this (bluetooth only for calls):

My head unit on my born Feb 2014 2014 RS has this one:

The screens and menus are quite different as are the buttons. The Nav is much faster and smarter when entering addresses, etc. The Bluetooth works for Audio as an option under Aux.

Reactions: EthanV1223

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2014 Nismo RS
13 Posts
Not sure why the original owner didn’t go with the nav though not having a backup camera kinda sucks the visibility out the back is not the greatest I’ve been thinking about upgrading to either the nav unit or an aftermarket good to know that not all the nav units have Bluetooth audio.

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is what I see when I press AUX on my 2nd version, Nav head found on my RS, made the same month as yours:

My Nismo with the older version head only offered Bluetooth for phone. It's too bad the non-Nav version on an RS build the at the same time didn't offer Bluetooth audio.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts