Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I hope I'm doing this correctly; I'm new. I read many posts on the forum but still didn't get clear so I'll ask here and hope for best. Let me start with I love my Juke!
I replaced my 2011 Juke's timing chain as the recall allowed in 2014 at 41,000 miles. I'm now at 114,500. Local Nissan dealer service department phone person said wait until it makes a noise to replace again. However, having thrown a chain in a Honda I owned once I wonder if that is the correct advice? Is there a replacement schedule for the chain? I've read they are forever and to change at 5 years. Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
2,197 Posts
Welcome to the forums. The timing chain on the Juke does not have a replacement mileage or schedule. It is considered a "lifetime" part. However, the chain can stretch over time and use. I believe there is a 100K mile replacement recommendation, but it is not a required maintenance item.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Welcome!

How good have you been with your oil maintenance? Do you drive the car hard? Are you hearing more noise from the passenger side of the motor over time?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forums. The timing chain on the Juke does not have a replacement mileage or schedule. It is considered a "lifetime" part. However, the chain can stretch over time and use. I believe there is a 100K mile replacement recommendation, but it is not a required maintenance item.
Thank you so much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome!

How good have you been with your oil maintenance? Do you drive the car hard? Are you hearing more noise from the passenger side of the motor over time?
I usually change oil every 3,000 miles. Every once in awhile I push that be 300 or so. I hear no noise though perhaps I'd best turn off the radio to answer that. lol. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Administrator
11,701 Posts
Hi all! I hope I'm doing this correctly; I'm new. I read many posts on the forum but still didn't get clear so I'll ask here and hope for best. Let me start with I love my Juke!
I replaced my 2011 Juke's timing chain as the recall allowed in 2014 at 41,000 miles. I'm now at 114,500. Local Nissan dealer service department phone person said wait until it makes a noise to replace again. However, having thrown a chain in a Honda I owned once I wonder if that is the correct advice? Is there a replacement schedule for the chain? I've read they are forever and to change at 5 years. Thanks in advance!
Chances are the Honda was a timing belt ?

As stated. Lifetime part and since you are changing your oil sooner than later compared to most. You should be good. Make sure you are using a pure synthetic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts