Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well,

I knew they were going to come out with something like this at some point. Here is the 21TK compressor with the high flowing TD04HL-9 blade turbine & 5cm housing. This is a pretty huge compressor wheel which is 49.1/61mm vs. 46/58 for the standard 19T. It's significantly bigger than even the 20T which they seem to have skipped right over. Based on it's size, probably in the 42 lb/min territory (420 h.p.). The turbine is the high flowing TD04HL-9 blade at 46/52mm, also good to about 400-420 h.p. (350-360 whp) or so. The 9-blade are super high flowing compared to the standard 12 blade Mitsu style, but laggy as well. The 5cm ported turbine housing is going to hold this turbo back some but there you have it. Pushed hard that power level might be reached, but I think easily a +350 hp turbo no problems.

Thoughts on this is that it's a better deal than having the stock turbo upgraded since the turbine housing is brand new.

Anyway, for those who want to push the envelope on a bolt-on turbo for only $899. Another option to throw out there.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Super Moderator
11,288 Posts
So I am guessing this is better than the Turbo Bay Stage three now.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd guess so. The Turbo Bay Stage Three has a clipped 11-blade 52mm turbine. The 52mm TD04HL has the high flowing 9 blade. Some guy running a Saab got 365 whp out of that TD04HL-9 turbine wheel so it can flow pretty good with the right size turbine housing. Probably not a huge difference, but the 21TK compressor will easily outflow the 19T on the Turbobay by a good 30-40 h.p. just based on the size difference. I'd be really curious to see someone run this. I wish I knew this before I spent all the money on my 19T/TD04HL upgrade. But the 9-blade wheel is a bit laggy and I think the 19T-TD04HL-11 is a pretty good match if not a bit less horsepower. Either way a super great deal at $899.

·
Super Moderator
11,288 Posts
Well my Mamba which is Gen 1 per say is not laggy at all. I will take the extra 50whp and increased lag any day.

In other words. If a simple unbolt rebolt and retune will yield 50whp, Thats awesome.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Looks (for us Gen2'ers) like that upgrade would mate right up to the factory downpipe... nicely done Mamba... not a bad price either!

·
Super Moderator
11,288 Posts
Looks (for us Gen2'ers) like that upgrade would mate right up to the factory downpipe... nicely done Mamba... not a bad price either!
Yeah that might actually work with some knowledge on the tuning side of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts