Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stats: 2015 Juke SV 85000 miles

This is how it started: Car stalled, it felt like it downshifted and RPMs went to red zone when lane switching, then car turned on and off within an instant, then the RPM and MPH both went to max as if the car just started. Steering wheel was still loose as if the car never turned off.

The last two days (yesterday and today) it will turn off, but i won’t here the infamous beeping nor can I start the car by tapping the push to start button to at least turn on the electric components of the vehicle. This is hit or miss as it happens every other time or so.

Just now , my radio restarted itself when i started a song on my phone.

Does anyone have a clue? No codes on the dash and i don’t know if cars are capable of having codes that can only be viewed by a scanner?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it also feels a little harder to break now and i got my brakes done two weeks who with new rotors

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
Well always go back to what was just done. Yeah I know it was brakes but usually the last thing worked on causes new problems bc something was bumped broke damaged etc.

Reactions: HateToLove

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would take it to the dealer, or your trusted mechanic. If the car is doing these things, I would argue that the car is unfit to drive safely. For you and your passengers, as well as others on the roads.
Maybe it's me overreacting, but I really hope nothing happens that causes an accident. It's just not worth it.

I look forward to hearing back once you get this sorted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would take it to the dealer, or your trusted mechanic. If the car is doing these things, I would argue that the car is unfit to drive safely. For you and your passengers, as well as others on the roads.
Maybe it's me overreacting, but I really hope nothing happens that causes an accident. It's just not worth it.

I look forward to hearing back once you get this sorted.
I was at 83500 miles when i received the CVT warranty letter for the 84k mileage limit. i brought it in and they said my car was perfectly fine. now im at 84900 and it's going to crap. i emailed nissan to hopefully get this sorted and rechecked... doubt they will do anything to help. i will bring it to a local shop and see if they scan any codes. cant believe i didn't do my research on the car.. from Hate to love to hate again :/

·
Registered
91 Posts
I know the feeling. 3 motors in 3 months on my old Honda Prelude. Mostly my own fault, but love hate love hate....
I am creeping up on 90k myself. Fingers crossed it stays reliable.

Keep us posted. Best of luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know the feeling. 3 motors in 3 months on my old Honda Prelude. Mostly my own fault, but love hate love hate....
I am creeping up on 90k myself. Fingers crossed it stays reliable.

Keep us posted. Best of luck.
consumer affairs contacted me.. will keep posted.. and sorry to hear about that.. wow.. 3!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts