Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi im the new owner of a Nissan juke 2011, 1.6 turbo manual.

only thing i add to do so far was change the transmission drain plug copper washer. there where a small leak. i also add transmission fluid (100ml) anyone had this problem before ? Look like the leak as stop trough. hopefully it will stay Bone dry.

just want to say hello and post a few pick :)

Also anyone know if i have the Nismo engine ? im not sure?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Welcome!

The Nismo trim level adds a significant amount of different styling components as well as different seats vs. the S/SV/SL models. They look very different... it does not look like you have one.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle

·
Vendor
983 Posts
Welcome:

If the drain plug was leaking for long enough, it may not have fluid left in it. Sounds like someone did not tighten it when they removed it for whatever reason. Add fluid, if the transmission doesn't make any noise, you SHOULD be okay.

As for the engine; You have a sub-nismo trim. There is no ACTUAL difference between what you have and what a nismo or nismo RS comes with. It is all Nissan marketing hooey. You do, however, have an open diff compared to the nismo rs. But. Speaking from experience, the sub RS trans with a wavetrac diff is a much better transmission anyway. We swap out the RS transmissions for this reason. Other than that, the nismo and RS trims are basically an appearance package with some minor upgrades to brake and suspension.

Reactions: Kanada

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome:

If the drain plug was leaking for long enough, it may not have fluid left in it. Sounds like someone did not tighten it when they removed it for whatever reason. Add fluid, if the transmission doesn't make any noise, you SHOULD be okay.

As for the engine; You have a sub-nismo trim. There is no ACTUAL difference between what you have and what a nismo or nismo RS comes with. It is all Nissan marketing hooey. You do, however, have an open diff compared to the nismo rs. But. Speaking from experience, the sub RS trans with a wavetrac diff is a much better transmission anyway. We swap out the RS transmissions for this reason. Other than that, the nismo and RS trims are basically an appearance package with some minor upgrades to brake and suspension.
Thanks for the reply everyone. Nissan Dealer said it was missing 100 ml from my transmission out of 2L. the gear shift like butter , all of them. the leak was minimal but enauf to be noticed when you look under the car. i realy think i fix the probleme with nissan in time and i suspect the garage who sold me to have change the transmission befor selling it to me. now i have new drain plug copper gasket and since 1 day no leak, also nissan dealer top off the transmission fluids . they add 100ml.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Soooooo. i was Checking my Transmission drain plug for any leak since we just fix it , and want to make sure it do not leak anymore. it doesn't but i found an other leak !!! 2 actually, on both boot cv axle the one close to the transmission. it look like they did not change the clamp. when they change the transmission. the boots look fine. is there a way i can change the clamp witout removing the cv axle ? It leak Grease. it sure do not bother me as much as the transmission leak but still is a Yellow flag. what you guys think ?

·
Administrator
12,969 Posts
Cut the clamp off and zip tie it. LOL

I think they make cvt boot repair kits.

·
Super Moderator
2,526 Posts
Where exactly is that? Your picture is too close up to really tell. But my guess is that is the high pressure fuel pump and you’re hearing something that is normal. The cam shaft on every rotation hits the pump to activate it. Purely mechanical. That’s why there’s typically a piece of foam covering it to lessen the noise.

• Helpful

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where exactly is that? Your picture is too close up to really tell. But my guess is that is the high pressure fuel pump and you’re hearing something that is normal. The cam shaft on every rotation hits the pump to activate it. Purely mechanical. That’s why there’s typically a piece of foam covering it to lessen the noise.
Am i missing the foam??? it is on top of the engine Right side when you face the car. No code yet. Engine go very well .

·
Administrator
12,969 Posts
HPFP noise reduction foam.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Circuit component Audio equipment

• Helpful

·
Administrator
12,969 Posts
They are cheap per say and one could say they should be replaced yearly.

People today stretching Oil change intervals to over 10,000 miles and pushing air filters off since they cant see it. It is not even $50 for a synthetic oil change with oil filter and air filter when you do it yourself.

Reactions: Ausjuk33 and Kanada
1 - 16 of 16 Posts