Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2015 Juke SL. We have a little over 16,000 miles on it and is in like new condition. We took it to our Nissan dealer for routine service and something happened and they ended up blowing the motor and turbo. So we now have a brand new motor and turbo in our Juke, on there dime of course. My question is does anyone know what it costs for a new engine and turbo. Also, what are your opinions on the value of the car now. My wife has been wanting something larger and we were looking at vehicles when all this happened. Dealers are only going to give us what the book is on a 16000 mile Juke. Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I would guess that the dealership price (if you paid out of pocket for it) would be in the $7500-12k range, depending on the dealership and what they would quote. Most likely in the $8-9 range as an average.
The value should be exactly the same, so book value is to be expected. Book with low mileage.

·
Super Moderator
10,418 Posts
Oh jeez. Well sorry for that happening. They ran her out of oil I would assume.

The value of a new motor is varied depending if they got a fully built block or a short block and did some work them selves. Bolting on a turbo is not that much work as the engine is out.

As far as value. Having a new motor and turbo will not add value to a car. Think of a car being in an accident and repaired. It can actually get devalued.

Your value of the car....... Keep it. They should warranty their work for at least a year maybe two. You have the Gen2 so you have a lot of new car features.

Bear in mind. There is Nothing on the market that is like the Juke. Maybe the Kona or Countryman. Larger cars. Yes there are plenty out there. Same size. No.

So if you want to go larger. Try to trade it in at another dealer and see what they give you. Dont be shocked if it is lower than KBB value.

IMHO Nissan offers Nothing that has any personality. It is all under powered uninspired crap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
From the Nissan Dealership from here in Central Texas the Juke Long Block is about $4600 and the turbocharger assembly is about $1100. This doesn’t include the price of all gaskets, O-Rings and Fluids needed. Labor time for the engine replacement is about 20hrs, most dealers charge about $150/hr so that’s about a $9-11k job when you figure in all the gaskets, fluids, taxes and their “shop supplies”. That a big mess up for a dealership.

·
Registered
25 Posts
From the Nissan Dealership from here in Central Texas the Juke Long Block is about $4600 and the turbocharger assembly is about $1100. This doesn’t include the price of all gaskets, O-Rings and Fluids needed. Labor time for the engine replacement is about 20hrs, most dealers charge about $150/hr so that’s about a $9-11k job when you figure in all the gaskets, fluids, taxes and their “shop supplies”. That a big mess up for a dealership.
Wow, that's quite high for a engine swap on a Juke. My Dealer quoted us Factory Long Block $3500.00 (Includes Turbo) and $1500.00 installation. My son oil starved his Juke, and that was one of the options offered. Second was a Recycled Long Block $2000.00 and $1500.00 install, and third was new Turbo $ 1500.00 and $1500.00 install(Have to remove and reinstall motor for the turbo replacement) And I gave my Son a fourth option (which he took) eat the loss and trade it in.

Bought a new Sentra. Only really took a $2000.00 hit on his trade.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have a 2015 Juke SL. We have a little over 16,000 miles on it and is in like new condition. We took it to our Nissan dealer for routine service and something happened and they ended up blowing the motor and turbo. So we now have a brand new motor and turbo in our Juke, on there dime of course. My question is does anyone know what it costs for a new engine and turbo. Also, what are your opinions on the value of the car now. My wife has been wanting something larger and we were looking at vehicles when all this happened. Dealers are only going to give us what the book is on a 16000 mile Juke. Thanks for the comments.
Hi. I can not answer your question directly but interested in your experience. My almost 5 year old juke stopped working almost two weeks before lockdown. Same problem...the turbo. I had to be recovered as acceleration went and smoke pummelled from the exhaust. What was your response from customer service? I have lodged a complaint as it had only done 22000 and not light to indicate a serious problem. They will not discuss until I commit to having the engine stripped for further investigation, initially I on had to get it to the Nissan garage for a diagnostic. Costs keep mounting. The dealership said it is unlikely Nissan will keep their 'Good Will' claim and no guarantee of support. The service manager said I could be looking at £7000 for parts alone. I have just had it valued in non drivable state for £5600 from another dealer. Do you know what the warranty is on the turbo? I have been told 3 years but on line it says 5?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
There is no way a factory long block w/turbo is $3500, it's not ever happening on brand new parts. When I checked it was $5400 for a long block, it might be less now. It's more like $7k installed. A used longblock might be worth the risk if the head were pulled and cleaned up, the bottom ends usually hold up pretty good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts