Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just installed stage 1 clutch kit in my 2011 juke...pedal was soft and went to the floor before old clutch exploded. Bled system after new kit installed ...now I have pressure at pedal but when I push the clutch in it stays on the floor ???

· Administrator
13,290 Posts

· Vendor
1,273 Posts
It is not properly bled. You have a large amount if air in the system. It takes up to an hour to get a good bleed on these clutches.

· Vendor
1,273 Posts
Its a two person job. DO NOT USE A POWER BLEEDER. you just have to do the bleeding procedure found in the FSM over and over and over until you get good pressure.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the pedal tight and no air in my clear line.....the pedal is strong going down then releases to nothing and stays on the floor. When I pull the pedal back up it still has some pressure.

· Vendor
1,273 Posts
That means its not bled. There is an air pocket in there. Just because you dont have air coming out does not mean it is fully bled. You bleed it until the clutch operates as it should.

· Vendor
1,273 Posts
Everyone and their mother blames the damper. Its not the damper. You have to bleed them very slowly. The damper is what gives a false bleed symptom. If you press the pedal too fast with the bleeder open, the damper will close it off and fluid won't come out.

· Vendor
1,273 Posts
Thats a blown out slave/tob. If someone used a power bleeder on it, the probably destroyed the seal.

· Vendor
1,273 Posts
Not sure what to tell you. You blew out the slave. or cracked the hardline while bleeding it.

· Administrator
13,290 Posts
@FastReligion is probably the only one here that can help. He has given some good tips in this thread.

· Vendor
1,273 Posts
If your blowing the line off of the slave, then you arent putting it on all the way. Or you damaged the recess on the slave and the retaining clip is not engaging. Having bled a lot of these, ive never ran into this many issues. You may want to take it to a professional.

· Vendor
1,273 Posts
Do you have the clutch disc in backwards? If the clutch is hard to press down but it is making pressure at the joint of the slave and clutch line, then the issues is after the connection. If the damper was an issue, it would not build pressure or move fluid after it...

If the clutch disc is in backwards, then the TOB may be resting against a completely stuck clutch cover, which would mean that it cannot move which would just make the pressure build up in the system. Again, you need to take this to a professional.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts