Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace the orings involved in the timing chain replacement. NOT referring to the front cover seal for the crank btw. EM 72 clearly says not to re use these orings. 3 orings on each side of the vvt cover, 1 oring on each vvt solenoid, as well as 4 more orings on the timing cover. The six orings on the vvt covers are all cracked. I cant find a single part number for them. PLEASE HELP!!! sorry for yelling :(

·
Super Moderator
2,275 Posts
on the diagram are you looking for item 9, 10, 12, 19, or 23? There's different O rings listed in that diagram.

Since you're already this far into the rebuild you might benefit from the gasket rebuild kit. 10101-1KC0J or 11042-1KC0J. I believe it includes those O rings. proof: 2013 Nissan Juke Engine Gasket Kit - Nissan Parts Deal

item 9 - I cannot find a separate part number for this.
item 10 - P/N: 13042-3HD0A - require 6
item 12 - I cannot find a separate part number. These may only be available either with the VVT cover (P/N: 13040-1KC2A which also includes item 10) or the VVT solenoids (P/N: 23796-JA00A similar to how the fuel injectors have factory installed white o rings)
item 19 - P/N: 15066-ZW80A - I think this is right based on diagrams
item 23 - P/N: 15066-6N204 - require 2

and bonus, your CVT beehive filter is P/N: 31726-1XF00

Reactions: 145173

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Your talking about the VVTI teflon gap rings, (2) per actuator, (4) total.
P/N 15066-6N204 (Seal, O-ring (VTC oil, Timing Cover/Head, 13012J, Qty 2 per assembly)
$2.76 ea. depending.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just replaced the timing chain on my mr16ddt Juke.
I too could not find the measurements of the o-rings in the workshop manual and so I went to a riv-skf shop with the old o-rings and they got them for me.
The 4 small o-rings have an internal diameter of 7.5 mm and a thickness of 2 mm.
The o-rings on the solenoids have an internal diameter of 16.5 mm and a thickness of 2 mm.
The o-ring between the engine and the timing cover has an internal diameter of 21.5 and a thickness of 2.4 mm.
They fit well and stay in position without falling off when fitting the timing cover.
The 6 rings on the phase actuators seemed broken to me too, but looking at them carefully, they are all the same cut obliquely at the joint. They look more like piston rings to me than o-rings. So I didn't change them.
As a chain I found the modified version with links paired in pairs instead of alternating. The Nissan code is 13028-1KC4A and I purchased the complete BGA brand kit, code TC6305FK on ebay.
To remove the timing cover without removing the lower engine support and not to strain the engine too much, I cut a little the fusion protrusion on the timing cover that indicates timing.
Then I found an official Nissan document for the timing chain recall and it also says to cut.
You can find the document on the internet: SB-10055923-4231.pdf.
This makes reassembly easier when you have to be very careful not to damage the liquid seal.
If you need any other information or photos of the works, just ask.

Hope this helped and I apologize for my poor English.
Greetings from Italy.

·
Super Moderator
2,275 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Back to the vvt o-rings.
In the workshop manual they are called o-rings, but actually they have a quadrangular section and not a circular one, plus they can float a lot in the cavities, so I think no o-rings could work. The cavities are deeper than they are wide and an o-ring would not have the internal diameter support to work properly. As I said earlier each has a precise miter cut, probably to be able to dilate them during installation and then support the oil pressure. Being three pieces, I would like to arrange them at 120 degrees as you do with the piston rings (only for the 4 strokes, not for the 2 strokes)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts