Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have recently moved to Europe and my 2013 Juke was shipped to me and has arrived. I purchased a 2011 Europe & UK map chip online and attempted to switch out my North American map chip and it gets me the "insert a map chip into the SD slot" message when I switch the SD cards. My question is does the system need to be altered somehow for my American spec Juke to load a European map chip or how does that work? They are both Nissan Connect chips and are supposed to work for the Juke.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Welcome to Europe! Im a Floridian thats live in Copenhagen, Denmark for 3.5 years now. I have been experiencing this same sort of message on my navi unit too. But my juke is from the EU line so i cant help in that way. I usually just click the SD card out and in again and it clears it up.
Joe E.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Joelliot, I've tried to eject the card and insert it back but to no avail, it gives me the same message that I attached below and the maps will not load. I'm wondering if American vehicles can't load the European maps, or what the deal is. My North American map chip will load as a blank map and if I try to route to my home in the US it will start at the east coastline and says something along the lines of 7 hours and 550 miles. So the maps will work and the navigation finds the satellite, I just can't seem to figure it out.

I would call/visit the local Nissan dealer but I don't speak Italian. '-.-

EDIT: I gave in and called Nissan (I'll do anything to avoid it, the wait times are awful and they want everything from my VIN# to blood type to give me any information) and spoke with a Navigation Expert and they said that I have to go to the Nissan dealership to get my unit reprogrammed to accept the Europe SD card. The changes can be reversed when the car is exported back to America too. Just wanted to update in case anyone else has this issue. :)

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts