Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You are getting it done son! Love the progress. Looking amazing. What happens next?
Thanks yo! I actually have a lot of parts sitting on deck. My biggest hurdle has been finding someone local to dyno the cvt. I've been putting off using a mail in tune, but that looks to be the road I'll be taking.

My goal for the car is to make around 220awtq. It's my daily, and my introduction to Motorsport. I don't plan on taking my juke anything past that.

I guess you could say my build will be going from 0-100 real quick LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Bad ass! I will say many of us have had less than stellar experiences with mail in tunes. I'm not dogging on them, it's a great service but there's no accountability on the results.

My Visconti tune is about to be wiped and dyno tuned by a Subaru shop in Massachusetts. We dyno'd the car before the turbo upgrade and it made like 170whp and same torque. Was promised 190whp and 225wtq on am otherwise stock car, and mine is loaded to the gills with performance parts. Anecdotal, and I have a Gen 2. Just saying my personal experience has changed my mind on e-tunes. Then again, not many tuning Jukes. Could always put her on a transport truck and send her to Massachusets lmao.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Bad ass! I will say many of us have had less than stellar experiences with mail in tunes. I'm not dogging on them, it's a great service but there's no accountability on the results.

My Visconti tune is about to be wiped and dyno tuned by a Subaru shop in Massachusetts. We dyno'd the car before the turbo upgrade and it made like 170whp and same torque. Was promised 190whp and 225wtq on am otherwise stock car, and mine is loaded to the gills with performance parts. Anecdotal, and I have a Gen 2. Just saying my personal experience has changed my mind on e-tunes. Then again, not many tuning Jukes. Could always put her on a transport truck and send her to Massachusets lmao.
LOL. Mail in tunes. Saw another graph Friday from a different companies mail in tune. It made LESS power than stock xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Finally starting to look half decent under the hood! She needs a good cleaning after the winter though.

installed an hks intake this morning, probably not the best choice, but man does it look good and it makes great noises!

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Yeah the HKS and the K&N can be too short and cause turbulent airflow over the MAF causing inaccurate readings.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That, and it sits right above the cvt. However, I do like the way the pipe flows compared to the Injen, much smoother of a transition.

I found it for $250CAD on yahoo auctions and figured why the hell not. I’ve wanted an hks cone filter since my first issue of superstreet!

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Oh for sure. It seems hit or miss with any air intake on the Juke. Most work but some Jukes just seem to have a stick up their butt and cant handle them.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
You need a turbo smart blow off/diverter valve to go with that baller hks intake!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I’ve been debating the synapse diverter and charge pipe just to clean things us a little more. Although, I have nothing but time right now (being hit hard by Covid-19), so I might attempt to fab up my own cold side charge pipe. I have some piping laying around with the appropriate bends, I just have to figure out the boost sensor and BOV situation.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
You could acquire ,Free, an OEM and use their ports somehow.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts