Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my sweet boy has had a run in with my wife鈥檚 car. What should I do? The plastic is the only thing scuffed. No metal dents or anything. Didn鈥檛 pop bumper connections so it鈥檚 still solid. Any advice will help. Thanks!

Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried but the scrapes are deep. I鈥檓 going to try to match paint. Maybe. We will see. On the bright side it gives me something to do this weekend.
Use some polishing compound and see if you can remove some of that white paint

Registered
You need to remove anything on top before you can paint. Getting the white paint off is priority #1.

I've had that kind of scuff tons of times on my previous vehicles. They almost always buff out, but leave a few scratches when you catch it in the right light. Otherwise, you usually cant even see it.

Premium Member
Sorry about the damage. It hurts.

There are a lot of great DIY video's on you tube if you don't want to get a body shop to repair it.

Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You need to remove anything on top before you can paint. Getting the white paint off is priority #1.

I've had that kind of scuff tons of times on my previous vehicles. They almost always buff out, but leave a few scratches when you catch it in the right light. Otherwise, you usually cant even see it.
This guy was dead on! Thanks a lot everyone. It buffed right out (with a ton of elbow grease and scratch out) with no scratches. Me boy is tough. Real tough. Thanks everyone. 馃槉

Premium Member
Awesome! Great result.

Registered
Amazing result. Did you experience any heat issues while buffing it out? The plastic bumper is a bit thinner.

Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No not really. There are scuffs in the right light but it just adds character. Lmao I didn鈥檛 use a machine just a soft rag with scratch out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts