Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and I am a new owner of the New nissan Juke.
I have bought the full option trim and I am really happy with the car overall.

But... one night, I was driving down the highway and hit a dog. The front left hand part of the car has been damaged (you can see on the photos).

When this happened, I didn't stop immediately because it was too dangerous to stop in the middle of the highway at 11pm (in my country), and continued 10km give or take before my car stalled and turned itself off when I slowed and stopped the car. While I was driving after the incident, I felt like the car has lost it's power, I had cruise control activated at 127km/h and the car couldn't maintain that speed and difficultly drove at around 110km/h with higher rpm than usual. Since then, my car won;t start ( I hear the starter trying to start the car, but the car won't start)

I took my car to the dealer and they told me that I had to change my engine (without even openeing the engine or anything), because apparently the radiator broke with the accident and I drove the car so the engine overheated, but I remember that the temperature gage didn't go up and there were no smoke, nor engine burning smell or whatsoever.

Since the insurance deemed that the engine broke because I drove the car, I have to replace the engine on my cost, and the engine costs 25000$ new (like the price of the car). After searching on the internet, maybe the car went in a limp mode or the inertia swith activated ? Will I have to change the whole engine? Will it be repairable please help.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
If you drove with a broken radiator and no coolant, the engine will destroy itself in a few minutes. If your story is accurate, and the car overheated and seized, then the engine will need to be replaced.

Never ever drive a vehicle after an accident without assessing the damage first, especially front end or undercarriage damage. If you had pulled over, you would have seen the coolant quickly draining out and (hopefully) would not have driven. I know these are strong words and I am sorry that this happened to you, but hopefully you and/or others can learn from your experience. I hope you are able to find a better way to repair your juke, best of luck!

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Sorry about the damage. Bargeld is right, you should have found a way to stop as quick as safe to do so.

I'd try some different mechanics and see if you get a different diagnosis. Hopefully the damage isn't as severe as a rebuild / replacement. Keep us posted and good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and I am a new owner of the New nissan Juke.
I have bought the full option trim and I am really happy with the car overall.

But... one night, I was driving down the highway and hit a dog. The front left hand part of the car has been damaged (you can see on the photos).
View attachment 190469 View attachment 190470
When this happened, I didn't stop immediately because it was too dangerous to stop in the middle of the highway at 11pm (in my country), and continued 10km give or take before my car stalled and turned itself off when I slowed and stopped the car. While I was driving after the incident, I felt like the car has lost it's power, I had cruise control activated at 127km/h and the car couldn't maintain that speed and difficultly drove at around 110km/h with higher rpm than usual. Since then, my car won;t start ( I hear the starter trying to start the car, but the car won't start)

I took my car to the dealer and they told me that I had to change my engine (without even openeing the engine or anything), because apparently the radiator broke with the accident and I drove the car so the engine overheated, but I remember that the temperature gage didn't go up and there were no smoke, nor engine burning smell or whatsoever.

Since the insurance deemed that the engine broke because I drove the car, I have to replace the engine on my cost, and the engine costs 25000$ new (like the price of the car). After searching on the internet, maybe the car went in a limp mode or the inertia swith activated ? Will I have to change the whole engine? Will it be repairable please help.
Not a mechanic but do have a juke get a code reader thus should help find your starting problem I believe there is a fuel cut off when you have a accident so will need to reset

1 - 4 of 4 Posts