Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can attest to the mini tank as well. I was hit head on by a guy going around 60 mph both cars were totaled but his was a very old Chevy trailblazer and was smashed completely to the shield while my sweet little juke was only smashed in about halfway into its tiny front end. Everyone luckily was fine and I'll be looking at a new juke next week.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
I can attest to the mini tank as well. I was hit head on by a guy going around 60 mph both cars were totaled but his was a very old Chevy trailblazer and was smashed completely to the shield while my sweet little juke was only smashed in about halfway into its tiny front end. Everyone luckily was fine and I'll be looking at a new juke next week.
Welcome to the Forum, toad. What Juke did you have and what will you be looking at in a replacement?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Update after my accident: Only 1 year and 6 months after my accident I was rear ended yet again! I definitely must have a sign on the back of my car that says, "Hit me!" My new rear end had to go in yet again to get a touch up. I wanted a new bumper put on but they said they could repair it. Got it back and when I went home I noticed a scratch on the bumper. Took it back after finding out the guy repairing it accidentally dropped my tail light reinstalling it and it hit the newly painted bumper. They said they could buff out the scratch. Took it home again after the "buffing out" only to find I could still see the scratch. Back it went again for a new paint job.

Now, just last week I'm sitting at a red light and yet AGAIN I hear a thump! Dude says, "Did I hit you?". I say, "Uh YEAH!!" His reply, "Ohh...I didn't know I hit you". Luckily only a minor scuff mark since it was just a light tap so I let him off easy. Guess I'm feeling generous these days. One more rear end and I really think I'm going to have to stop driving this car. The Driving Gods are trying to tell me something!!!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Further update: Got hit again when a guy tried to zoom around me as I was changing lanes in stopped traffic. We were waiting in a long lineup of cars waiting to get on the highway and the right lane was empty due to a car trying to move into my lane, which blocked the right lane. I decided to go into the right lane but was close to the car in front of me so I was going slowly. I guess in the few seconds it took for me to get into that lane, the car blocking that lane moved over enough for the car behind them to speed past. He thought he could beat me and zoomed quickly around me before I was fully in the lane, and he cut in too sharply just after he got around me and clipped the corner of my bumper. We talked it out and since I could end up being at fault, I let it go. I still have the battle scars from that encounter.

·
Super Moderator
9,823 Posts
Well that sucks.

Invest in a dash cam maybe. I use front and rear.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I already invested in that. At the time I only had a front cam but now I have front and rear as well.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts