Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Juke now for 4 years and have never been in any major accident until recently. I was sitting at a red light when BOOM I got rear-ended. My car moved forward and I tapped the car ahead of me. I got out and saw the guy ahead of me get out of his car. He looked at his bumper and said he had no damage and I looked at the front of my car and saw no damage so he said he was going to drive off. After he left I went to see how the back end of my car looked. That's when I looked at the car that hit me and saw her bumper sitting on the ground. My first thought was, if her car looked like that, what did my car look like!! I ran to the back of my car and although there wasn't a lot of damage that I could see, the tow truck driver told me that the damage was all underneath as her car went under mine. Anyways, it ended up being $5,900 in damages. My baby is now back with me with a new butt lift that sparkles and shines. So the moral of my story is, if you're driving and something falls off your seat beside you, don't bend down to pick it up until you've stopped moving!!!

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Oy. Glad you're okay. Welcome back from your hiatus! It's good to see another female Juker here now and again.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Screw the car, if you can walk away, laugh like a mad woman or mad man and start over. My major accident included me flying off my motorcycle and sliding for about 100 feet and missing every object along the way. Never looked at the motorcycle and got drunk on mess that night.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I think my juke is invisible, there is no way I could count how many times I have almost been hit. most of the time the offender has a cell phone up to their ear. I bought and aftermarket horn so I can blast them w/ sound waves.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I avoided an accident by inches in the Juke on the weekend. A lady in a blacked out Jetta swerved into my lane to avoid a puddle and would of swerved right into me if it was not for my quick reaction to break and slightly swerve over to my left, it helped that the Juke has a quick and pretty accurate steering response too. How bad a driver can one be to swerve into another lane without looking this was in the daytime on a busy street as well. I caught up to her down the road and looked over and she was driving along as if nothing happened.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Glad you're okay and that it was only your vehicles that were injured. That could have turned out so much worse.
I totally feel your pain, sista! And isn't it such a good feeling when you finally have your baby back home, hale and hardy again?!

On April 03, Good Friday of this year, as I left work, some stupid woman turned left extremely short in the intersection I was already occupying and mostly already through and plowed into the drivers side of my 7 month old, brand-spanking-first-new-car-I'd-ever-owned Juke. She had to back her car off/out of my door before I could open it. No airbag deployment and no injuries to either of us but man what a horrible feeling. Police report determined she was at fault and luckily I was able to pull the security cam footage from my work that showed the accident as it occurred. Even with all that, her insurance fought the claim. It ended up in arbitration and I just received the refund check from my insurance this week for my deductible. The determination that the other driver and her insurance were 100% liable was handed down on 12/03, 8 months to the day. What a stressful nightmare this whole episode has been. And really it's still not over yet. Now on to filing a Diminished Value claim with her insurance.
~K~

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I got off pretty easy compared to you. Were you able to get your car fixed? I'm glad I was able to get my car fixed, but I have to admit, I started looking at getting a new Juke and a small part of me wished that my car was written off so I could get the new Nismo RS AWD. I really want that 360 camera in my car! I guess it wasn't meant to be!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I avoided an accident by inches in the Juke on the weekend. A lady in a blacked out Jetta swerved into my lane to avoid a puddle and would of swerved right into me if it was not for my quick reaction to break and slightly swerve over to my left, it helped that the Juke has a quick and pretty accurate steering response too. How bad a driver can one be to swerve into another lane without looking this was in the daytime on a busy street as well. I caught up to her down the road and looked over and she was driving along as if nothing happened.
Don't you wish that you could do the same thing to her? I know it sounds bad, but so many times I wish I was driving my old crappy car and when someone cuts me off, I just don't brake and "accidentally" slam into their beautiful expensive car and when we stop and get out, I'll have this big smile on my face when I tell them that they cut me off and I'm sooo sorry that I couldn't brake in time. Ma bad! :nevreness:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Don't you wish that you could do the same thing to her? I know it sounds bad, but so many times I wish I was driving my old crappy car and when someone cuts me off, I just don't brake and "accidentally" slam into their beautiful expensive car and when we stop and get out, I'll have this big smile on my face when I tell them that they cut me off and I'm sooo sorry that I couldn't brake in time. Ma bad! :nevreness:
Your soooo bad in a good way.:devil:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know that some people say, what goes around, comes around, but payback can feel so sweet, especially when you've just watched that same driver cutting in and out of traffic pissing people off.

I remember seeing this guy come racing up the centre lane to get into the left turn lane because he didn't want to wait for his turn and right before he gets to the lane, a car turns into the left turn lane right in front of him. He had to quickly swerve around the car and jumped the median and crashed into the pole. I have to say, when it was my turn and I got beside him, I had the biggest smile on my face! Karma Baby! (And no he wasn't hurt, except for his pride and his precious car!)

·
Registered
956 Posts
After having my new "Jukester" for 3 months, I had stopped to make a left hand turn onto my street when I got rear ended by a gal in her late 70's. She was driving an older Buick Century and nailed me doing about 20 mph. I won't repeat what I said as I undid my seat belt but I was pissed! I got out, looked at my rear end (the cars) and looked at all the damage her Buick sustained. I went up to the woman and asked her if she was okay. She said yes but was shaken up. Her first comment to me was, oh my goodness, my dinner is on the floor! It was a pizza. That stirred something inside of me and I proceeded to ask her why she wasn't paying attention. She replied that she never saw me. A Hatfield police officer who I knew arrived, asked the usual questions, looked at mine, then looked at her car and told me, your Juke is a mini tank. I sustained about $2500.00 in damage underneath but drive able. Cosmetically, the rear bumper cover was cracked, my exhaust system was bent and that was it. Her car had to be placed on the flatbed with the grille pushed in, hood buckled as well as the fenders which were against the two front tires. Had I been driving another vehicle, who knows what the damage would have been like. Oh, and the icing on the cake, the woman told me that she was sorry and offered me her pizza.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your accident sounds similar to mine except mine involved a purse instead of a pizza! Here are pics of my "mini tank" and her car. Sorry, but I couldn't figure out how to rotate them.

Attachments

·
Registered
956 Posts
Juke 1, Toyota 0. At least your okay Cat and didn't sustain any physical injury.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I guess I got off pretty easy compared to you. Were you able to get your car fixed? I'm glad I was able to get my car fixed, but I have to admit, I started looking at getting a new Juke and a small part of me wished that my car was written off so I could get the new Nismo RS AWD. I really want that 360 camera in my car! I guess it wasn't meant to be!
Yes and that was it's own special little ring of hell to get through. I tried going through the other drivers insurance first because she was at fault. That was a long drawn out dealie where first they totally denied the claim, then after I showed them the security cam footage, they said they would accept 80%. I said absolutely not, you will accept 100% and we're done here. Then opened a claim through my insurance, paid my deductible and they went after the other insurance once repairs were completed. So $9,569 and change in repairs later, I got my car back on June 13th.
The body shop doing the repairs was not a Nissan authorized service repair center and that's on me because I didn't do enough research first to know the difference that just because the body shop was attached to the Nissan dealership and was a "preferred, in-network" service provider with my insurance, it's not the same thing.
Unfortunately for me, the body shop missed their "promised delivery date" three times and when they called me to come get it that first time, the car was a mess! When I was done pointing out the issues/problems/NEW damage to the car to the guy, it looked like it had some kind of disease as he had marked each place I pointed out to him with a swatch of bright yellow tape. Turns out the car didn't go through the final inspection before they called me in. The body shop manager called me and apologized and seemed sincere. He also said the damages they caused, the huge scuffs across the drivers side gator, the large scratches on the front under-body protector plate, the totally missing chrome strip on the door, the rocker body damage, would all be on their dime, as it should be. I actually had to go back again after I'd accepted the car from them because I found damage to the drivers mirror where they had reinstalled it after replacing the door shell. The guy admitted to me that this was one of the largest repair jobs they had ever taken on. It sure would have been nice to have known that before I'd ever had my car hauled to them.

I understand your thoughts of wishing it had been written off. I had those same thoughts. But it took me so long to find this one and it only had 35 miles on it when I drove it off the lot, and some of those I put on it test driving it. I ended up making three trips to Evansville, IN, @ 125 miles from me, for this one because I wanted the MT but didn't want a NISMO and it already had most of the options I wanted installed.
I do love my Juke!!
~K~

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Yes and that was it's own special little ring of hell to get through. I tried going through the other drivers insurance first because she was at fault. That was a long drawn out dealie where first they totally denied the claim, then after I showed them the security cam footage, they said they would accept 80%. I said absolutely not, you will accept 100% and we're done here. Then opened a claim through my insurance, paid my deductible and they went after the other insurance once repairs were completed. So $9,569 and change in repairs later, I got my car back on June 13th.
The body shop doing the repairs was not a Nissan authorized service repair center and that's on me because I didn't do enough research first to know the difference that just because the body shop was attached to the Nissan dealership and was a "preferred, in-network" service provider with my insurance, it's not the same thing.
Unfortunately for me, the body shop missed their "promised delivery date" three times and when they called me to come get it that first time, the car was a mess! When I was done pointing out the issues/problems/NEW damage to the car to the guy, it looked like it had some kind of disease as he had marked each place I pointed out to him with a swatch of bright yellow tape. Turns out the car didn't go through the final inspection before they called me in. The body shop manager called me and apologized and seemed sincere. He also said the damages they caused, the huge scuffs across the drivers side gator, the large scratches on the front under-body protector plate, the totally missing chrome strip on the door, the rocker body damage, would all be on their dime, as it should be. I actually had to go back again after I'd accepted the car from them because I found damage to the drivers mirror where they had reinstalled it after replacing the door shell. The guy admitted to me that this was one of the largest repair jobs they had ever taken on. It sure would have been nice to have known that before I'd ever had my car hauled to them.

I understand your thoughts of wishing it had been written off. I had those same thoughts. But it took me so long to find this one and it only had 35 miles on it when I drove it off the lot, and some of those I put on it test driving it. I ended up making three trips to Evansville, IN, @ 125 miles from me, for this one because I wanted the MT but didn't want a NISMO and it already had most of the options I wanted installed.
I do love my Juke!!
~K~
If there was that much damage personally I would want it totalled out and start over again either in another Juke or something else.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If there was that much damage personally I would want it totalled out and start over again either in another Juke or something else.
I'd never been involved in an accident like this before so all of it was new to me. Did I have the option of asking my insurance co. to consider it totalled? They never mentioned this was an option and I guess I didn't know what questions to ask them, either. Obviously I didn't educate myself enough on this. Probably wouldn't have been enough to pay off what I owe on it after the insurance totalled it but I suppose the GAP ins through my lender would then have been applicable.
~K~

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Right after I had my accident there were three tow truck drivers there within 10 minutes. I'm not sure where they came from, but they surrounded both of us instantly. Since her car was an obvious write-off they targeted me to try to let them tow me to their shop. One guy offered me all these extra freebies. I think they thought they could easily sway me to go along with whatever they said, but this girl wasn't born yesterday! I told them that I had Nissan roadside assistance and they insisted that Nissan wouldn't cover the towing for an accident, which was untrue. I called roadside assistance and they said that they would come and tow me. One driver kept telling me he was connected to Nissan and to let him tow me, but his business card said otherwise and I didn't trust him. Even the cop told me to not listen to them and not to go to their shop to get my car fixed. I had no intention of going anywhere with them and luckily my car was driveable. I took it to the collision centre connected to my dealership and in less than 2 weeks I had my car back with a brand new back end and it looked so nice and shiny! They did a beautiful job and it looked great! :smug:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Right after I had my accident there were three tow truck drivers there within 10 minutes. I'm not sure where they came from, but they surrounded both of us instantly. Since her car was an obvious write-off they targeted me to try to let them tow me to their shop. One guy offered me all these extra freebies. I think they thought they could easily sway me to go along with whatever they said, but this girl wasn't born yesterday! I told them that I had Nissan roadside assistance and they insisted that Nissan wouldn't cover the towing for an accident, which was untrue. I called roadside assistance and they said that they would come and tow me. One driver kept telling me he was connected to Nissan and to let him tow me, but his business card said otherwise and I didn't trust him. Even the cop told me to not listen to them and not to go to their shop to get my car fixed. I had no intention of going anywhere with them and luckily my car was driveable. I took it to the collision centre connected to my dealership and in less than 2 weeks I had my car back with a brand new back end and it looked so nice and shiny! They did a beautiful job and it looked great! :smug:
Wow. Who knew towing was such a competitive occupation! Guess they were all listening to the police scanner. Kinda creepy, having them swarm you like that. Way to go girl, setting them all straight! Good on ya.
Sounds like the aftermath of it all went along fairly smoothly for the most part for you then. :)
~K~

1 - 20 of 27 Posts