Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since dealers often add these, are these desirable/necessary/worth the money?

In particular, I thought floor mats were suspect because they catch under the pedals and cause problems

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would say yes, depending on how much you care about the interior and exterior of your car. I go with the splash gaurds because where I live there are salt, ice and snow on the roads in the winter most of the time and that can damage the rockers of your car over time and splash gaurds would protect the rockers from chips and chips leads to rust . Same with the interior...all that stuff can windup on the floor inside the car and corrosion can be occurred in a very short time. Even if I lived in a warmer climate I would still get them both because I know this is a very inxpensive way to protect my investment and my car would look great for many years to come.

·
Registered
123 Posts
with the interior floor mats just make sure you clean under them regularly. Don't want the dirt and grime which eventually gets under them getting ground into the carpet over time.

·
Registered
123 Posts
no safety issue?
I personally have never had a problem, but my sister did get her high heel shoe stuck between the floor, the mat and the accelerator in her BMW and she rear-ended the truck in front of her. If you ask me I think that was more due to the stiletto heel, but just thought you might want to know

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not too much of a problem for me. I'm more of a Birkie girl :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
My dealer wanted $96 for the front pair and another $96 for the rear. Rip-off.

I found a dealer who shipped it to me for $115 for both pairs.

I installed the front right away during a snowstorm. I'll do the rear later. I love that it's a factory fit and snug to the body. My only concern is that it is only 2-3 inches below the actual body of the vehicle. Not sure how much spray it's going to block. Here a pic after driving around in the snow.

Wow, really fun in the snow, blowing those FWD Civics away, haha

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
The front mat is cut out so that is does not go under the accelerator at all - so there is no concern there. They are overpriced - especially the back cargo mat. Not sure I would have paid extra for that if it was not already included.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would gladly pay the extra money not to have to install them myself in a snowstorm.

and am, in fact.

·
Registered
105 Posts
iJuke, I'd like to hear more about how the cars handling on the snow.
I see you have an AWD. I have the SL FWD, but I'm mostly concerned about braking. Living in the Chicago area, we should be getting snow any time now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Handling in snow

Well I had it in FWD in the snow and it would spin a bit, but once you switch it to AWD, it's like driving on dry pavement. When going through a turn instead of having your rear slide out or your front losing traction and hitting the snow bank the Juke just drifts through the corner, very impressive.

I had the Nissan Frontier 4x4 before this. The Frontier probably had a better take off just because it was heavier but otherwise the AWD in the JUKE is awesome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
since dealers often add these, are these desirable/necessary/worth the money?

In particular, I thought floor mats were suspect because they catch under the pedals and cause problems
I noticed that on the window sticker of my Juke, the floor mats were not listed as an add-on feature but the splash guard were. It was totaled into the MSRP but I would have added the splash guards regardless because it seems every rock on the road finds my car and splash guards help to prevent dings. I've never had any safety issues with floor mats. They are designed to be non-slipping if you look at the underneath of them. I'd recommend both because they help to keep your car in great shape.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I noticed that on the window sticker of my Juke, the floor mats were not listed as an add-on feature but the splash guard were. It was totaled into the MSRP but I would have added the splash guards regardless because it seems every rock on the road finds my car and splash guards help to prevent dings.
My dealer told me that my car couldn't be ordered without splash guards. I figured if he was trying to rip me off he would have said that about something that cost more than $99.

I'm going to stop at the dealer today and see if all their Jukes have the guards.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Unfortunately, my car car came with the mats and flaps. The flaps I don't mind at all, but didn't want the mats. Dealer told me that they have to pay for them, so I have to pay for them. I tried to get them to take them out, but they wouldn't. I bought some rubber Goodyear brand mats to take care of all the nasty salt and snow I expect this winter. The mat in the back is useless and better suited as a beauty item. I wouldn't give you $30 for it. Very light weight and flimsy. I too am anxious to try out the AWD in a good Cleveland snow storm. I have been driving a RWD vehicle for the past 3 winters.

·
Registered
447 Posts
It is very unlikely you will find any dealer selling a Juke without these two items.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It all depends where you are, in Canada, the carpeted mats are included but the splash guards are not. The all season rubber mats are also optional. Also in Canada we get the tonneau cover included

·
Registered
269 Posts
Goodyear RS-A's are not the best all season tires in anything more than light snow, so don't go expecting miracles. Wouldn't wanna have your Juke sidelined in a body shop because there are no replacement parts for them yet in the U.S.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
So typically the factory will sell the vehicle with the carpet mats and splash guards included? I was wondering about the mats, because I think having a mat you can pull out looks better plus its easier to clean... but I didn't want to pay for the splash guards...
I want to give my Juke a bit of a rally look, and was planning on waiting till Rally Armor made some Red Urethane White Logo Mud Flaps like these... Rally Armor UR Mudflaps Red Urethane White Logo Subaru Impreza 2008-2010 (inc. 2008-2010 WRX) at RallySportDirect.com

I've got friends with subarus and have seen the difference these mudflaps make and its well worth the price. The stock splash guards look incredibly ineffective and them being hard(ish) plastic worries me for whatever reason...

Edit: Just sent Rally Armor an email asking if they would every carry a fitted mud flap kit for the Juke as well as skid plates. I will report back once I receive a reply. That said, are there any juke owners near Astoria, New York who would be willing to use their car to test fit flaps/skids if they DO decide to do anything for the Juke?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts