Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Super Moderator
This is not hilarious. Richard and I have a significant problem with large amounts of dirt on the car and onto clothing . I hesitate to think what salt from the roads will do to the door and car body, as on a previous Nissan. I have seen the dealer today and said I need a solution, and quoted Richard's wording and his dealer's solution. Again they said they would discuss it! I now have to write to them, and will ask to go higher, up to Nissan direct if necessary.
If you dont want to get dirty. Dont drive.

Wow.

Banned
Discussion Starter #22
This is not hilarious. Richard and I have a significant problem with large amounts of dirt on the car and onto clothing . I hesitate to think what salt from the roads will do to the door and car body, as on a previous Nissan. I have seen the dealer today and said I need a solution, and quoted Richard's wording and his dealer's solution. Again they said they would discuss it! I now have to write to them, and will ask to go higher, up to Nissan direct if necessary.
Good luck with it. 馃憤

Banned
Discussion Starter #23
What is with all you guys over there? I had no idea this was a North American forum when I posted & all I seem to have got from you lot is a load of criticism & crap from a basic enquiry if anybody had experienced a similar problem with a "UK, New Juke". As for your advice "if you don't want to get dirty don't drive", if you've got nothing constructive to add, why bother; what sort of response is that to get from a supposed "forum moderator"? I suspect your probably Bargeld's mate & just upset with my response to him but he didn't offer much constructive help to my original post either! Instead of banging on about the definition & intricacies of which model is sold where, all Bargeld had to do was post the information in his last post & I would have understood better that asking a question about a UK Juke was was probably going to be a waste of time if you don't have the same model. Still, it looks like Stuart L is quiet happy with my response & advice so I'll be content with that; I won't be back on this rather odd forum again but I suspect you'll now probably ban me anyway; goodbye!

Registered
Or slap some external weatherstripping to the bottom of the door.
Agreed, looks like a v3 juke that was never released in north america.

Interesting info tho, thanks for sharing here!
Response #3 (and #5) and #11.

I'll just put it out there: you've decided to be a jerk about all this.

Reread the thread from top to bottom. Gain some additional perspective and don't be afraid to say "i'm sorry, i misinterpreted some text on the internet".

Mac and I are "forum buddies" but we have also had many differences in the past as well. That's the good thing about this forum, most of the long standing members have good info and a good understanding of others and what responses may come and we treat each of respectfully, regardless of opinion.

This forum can still be an asset to you, but I suggest you review your perception and attitude to make the most of it.

Super Moderator
First off you have no idea what Mods do and dont do.

Secondly Its an over there thing ? Wow talk about being prejudiced and biased. Like UK people are better than USA people. gtfoh.

Bottom line is you are getting OFFENDED by your car getting dirty. Blaming the manufacturer for it and then complain in a forum for it and the wrong forum for that matter. When someone calls you out for it. You get offended. The problem is not over here but over there. Makes ya think Bunker Hill was a Good idea.

Mac.

What is with all you guys over there? I had no idea this was a North American forum when I posted & all I seem to have got from you lot is a load of criticism & crap from a basic enquiry if anybody had experienced a similar problem with a "UK, New Juke". As for your advice "if you don't want to get dirty don't drive", if you've got nothing constructive to add, why bother; what sort of response is that to get from a supposed "forum moderator"? I suspect your probably Bargeld's mate & just upset with my response to him but he didn't offer much constructive help to my original post either! Instead of banging on about the definition & intricacies of which model is sold where, all Bargeld had to do was post the information in his last post & I would have understood better that asking a question about a UK Juke was was probably going to be a waste of time if you don't have the same model. Still, it looks like Stuart L is quiet happy with my response & advice so I'll be content with that; I won't be back on this rather odd forum again but I suspect you'll now probably ban me anyway; goodbye!

Banned
Discussion Starter #26
Bottom line is you are getting OFFENDED by your car getting dirty. Blaming the manufacturer for it and then complain in a forum for it and the wrong forum for that matter.

Mac.
Just to round this thread off; all cars get dirty on the outside of course but take a look at the attached photos: if you think this is normal or acceptable on a brand new car then you need to take a reality check! Unfortunately, I never realised this was a North American forum, that you don't have this model & that folks would get so uptight about miss-quoting of model variants. If I had, or if someone had pointed this out, I would have gone elsewhere &, hopefully, got more meaningful responses. By the way, I've been on & involved with many forums in various roles since they were invented in the mid 90's so am not a "newbie" but rarely have I had such pernickety, unhelpful responses to a simple request for help & information.

Attachments

Super Moderator
Just to round this thread off; all cars get dirty on the outside of course but take a look at the attached photos: if you think this is normal or acceptable on a brand new car then you need to take a reality check! Unfortunately, I never realised this was a North American forum, that you don't have this model & that folks would get so uptight about miss-quoting of model variants. If I had, or if someone had pointed this out, I would have gone elsewhere &, hopefully, got more meaningful responses. By the way, I've been on & involved with many forums in various roles since they were invented in the mid 90's so am not a "newbie" but rarely have I had such pernickety, unhelpful responses to a simple request for help & information.
I could not imagine what you would do if you owned a 4x4 and flung mud on your door panels.......

Funny how you just quoted a small portion of my post. Still wont apologize for Lumping Americans into a group that is disrespectful, obnoxious, and uncaring.

Nothing wrong with those photos. I guess all the dirt getting in your engine compartment is Nissans fault too.

Now you say I cannot read and or look at photos. So guess what. I will use some of my mod powers.

Registered
Poor Bargeld what a scolding.. on my new 2021 Corolla (yes I jumped ships,) there's a wide step out over the sills. I guess it's designed that way for side impact? Anyway I still get roadsalt on the back hems of me panties like with the Juke! Since I'm 59-years-old. Nothing to look at and wear nothing worth noting. I say big deal to this issue! Besides I think most cars are like this now.

Super Moderator
Poor Bargeld what a scolding.. on my new 2021 Corolla (yes I jumped ships,) there's a wide step out over the sills. I guess it's designed that way for side impact? Anyway I still get roadsalt on the back hems of me panties like with the Juke! Since I'm 59-years-old. Nothing to look at and wear nothing worth noting. I say big deal to this issue! Besides I think most cars are like this now.
Try telling that guy about the safety of that design. He would rather have it Unsafe and a cleaner.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts