Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

Administrator
This is not hilarious. Richard and I have a significant problem with large amounts of dirt on the car and onto clothing . I hesitate to think what salt from the roads will do to the door and car body, as on a previous Nissan. I have seen the dealer today and said I need a solution, and quoted Richard's wording and his dealer's solution. Again they said they would discuss it! I now have to write to them, and will ask to go higher, up to Nissan direct if necessary.
If you dont want to get dirty. Dont drive.

Wow.

Banned
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
This is not hilarious. Richard and I have a significant problem with large amounts of dirt on the car and onto clothing . I hesitate to think what salt from the roads will do to the door and car body, as on a previous Nissan. I have seen the dealer today and said I need a solution, and quoted Richard's wording and his dealer's solution. Again they said they would discuss it! I now have to write to them, and will ask to go higher, up to Nissan direct if necessary.
Good luck with it. 馃憤

Banned
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
What is with all you guys over there? I had no idea this was a North American forum when I posted & all I seem to have got from you lot is a load of criticism & crap from a basic enquiry if anybody had experienced a similar problem with a "UK, New Juke". As for your advice "if you don't want to get dirty don't drive", if you've got nothing constructive to add, why bother; what sort of response is that to get from a supposed "forum moderator"? I suspect your probably Bargeld's mate & just upset with my response to him but he didn't offer much constructive help to my original post either! Instead of banging on about the definition & intricacies of which model is sold where, all Bargeld had to do was post the information in his last post & I would have understood better that asking a question about a UK Juke was was probably going to be a waste of time if you don't have the same model. Still, it looks like Stuart L is quiet happy with my response & advice so I'll be content with that; I won't be back on this rather odd forum again but I suspect you'll now probably ban me anyway; goodbye!

Registered
Or slap some external weatherstripping to the bottom of the door.
Agreed, looks like a v3 juke that was never released in north america.

Interesting info tho, thanks for sharing here!
Response #3 (and #5) and #11.

I'll just put it out there: you've decided to be a jerk about all this.

Reread the thread from top to bottom. Gain some additional perspective and don't be afraid to say "i'm sorry, i misinterpreted some text on the internet".

Mac and I are "forum buddies" but we have also had many differences in the past as well. That's the good thing about this forum, most of the long standing members have good info and a good understanding of others and what responses may come and we treat each of respectfully, regardless of opinion.

This forum can still be an asset to you, but I suggest you review your perception and attitude to make the most of it.

Administrator
First off you have no idea what Mods do and dont do.

Secondly Its an over there thing ? Wow talk about being prejudiced and biased. Like UK people are better than USA people. gtfoh.

Bottom line is you are getting OFFENDED by your car getting dirty. Blaming the manufacturer for it and then complain in a forum for it and the wrong forum for that matter. When someone calls you out for it. You get offended. The problem is not over here but over there. Makes ya think Bunker Hill was a Good idea.

Mac.

What is with all you guys over there? I had no idea this was a North American forum when I posted & all I seem to have got from you lot is a load of criticism & crap from a basic enquiry if anybody had experienced a similar problem with a "UK, New Juke". As for your advice "if you don't want to get dirty don't drive", if you've got nothing constructive to add, why bother; what sort of response is that to get from a supposed "forum moderator"? I suspect your probably Bargeld's mate & just upset with my response to him but he didn't offer much constructive help to my original post either! Instead of banging on about the definition & intricacies of which model is sold where, all Bargeld had to do was post the information in his last post & I would have understood better that asking a question about a UK Juke was was probably going to be a waste of time if you don't have the same model. Still, it looks like Stuart L is quiet happy with my response & advice so I'll be content with that; I won't be back on this rather odd forum again but I suspect you'll now probably ban me anyway; goodbye!

Banned
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Bottom line is you are getting OFFENDED by your car getting dirty. Blaming the manufacturer for it and then complain in a forum for it and the wrong forum for that matter.

Mac.
Just to round this thread off; all cars get dirty on the outside of course but take a look at the attached photos: if you think this is normal or acceptable on a brand new car then you need to take a reality check! Unfortunately, I never realised this was a North American forum, that you don't have this model & that folks would get so uptight about miss-quoting of model variants. If I had, or if someone had pointed this out, I would have gone elsewhere &, hopefully, got more meaningful responses. By the way, I've been on & involved with many forums in various roles since they were invented in the mid 90's so am not a "newbie" but rarely have I had such pernickety, unhelpful responses to a simple request for help & information.

Attachments

Administrator
Just to round this thread off; all cars get dirty on the outside of course but take a look at the attached photos: if you think this is normal or acceptable on a brand new car then you need to take a reality check! Unfortunately, I never realised this was a North American forum, that you don't have this model & that folks would get so uptight about miss-quoting of model variants. If I had, or if someone had pointed this out, I would have gone elsewhere &, hopefully, got more meaningful responses. By the way, I've been on & involved with many forums in various roles since they were invented in the mid 90's so am not a "newbie" but rarely have I had such pernickety, unhelpful responses to a simple request for help & information.
I could not imagine what you would do if you owned a 4x4 and flung mud on your door panels.......

Funny how you just quoted a small portion of my post. Still wont apologize for Lumping Americans into a group that is disrespectful, obnoxious, and uncaring.

Nothing wrong with those photos. I guess all the dirt getting in your engine compartment is Nissans fault too.

Now you say I cannot read and or look at photos. So guess what. I will use some of my mod powers.

Registered
Poor Bargeld what a scolding.. on my new 2021 Corolla (yes I jumped ships,) there's a wide step out over the sills. I guess it's designed that way for side impact? Anyway I still get roadsalt on the back hems of me panties like with the Juke! Since I'm 59-years-old. Nothing to look at and wear nothing worth noting. I say big deal to this issue! Besides I think most cars are like this now.

Administrator
Poor Bargeld what a scolding.. on my new 2021 Corolla (yes I jumped ships,) there's a wide step out over the sills. I guess it's designed that way for side impact? Anyway I still get roadsalt on the back hems of me panties like with the Juke! Since I'm 59-years-old. Nothing to look at and wear nothing worth noting. I say big deal to this issue! Besides I think most cars are like this now.
Try telling that guy about the safety of that design. He would rather have it Unsafe and a cleaner.

Banned
I'm not looking for a load of abuse and people telling me , load of crap . I'm simply putting this on here , which I wish I'd seen before I bought my brand new nissan Juke tekna plus , 21 plate registered in March In the UK. When I picked it up I was over the moon , great style and packed with technology.
However every time I drive my car in bad weather its the same story when I get to my destination .The sills are soaking and have an excessive amount of road debris and mud all over the sills and arches on all four doors. I had mud flaps fitted when I purchased the car and they do nothing to stop this very clearly design fault . I've had many cars over the years , family vehicles, suvs , sports cars etc and never experienced this after driving in bad weather. I've raised a complaint with Nissan , as took my vehicle back to the dealership and was informed I was the fifth customer that day alone , all who have purchased a brand new nissan juke, who have raised the same complaint and issue . This is not an isolated problem and is clearly an issue with design . Nissan are dragging their heals on this problem , but with a growing number of buyers coming forward im not sure they will be able to ignore it much longer . Also the wind noise is overly excessive when motorway driving and soon despite the great stereo to try and disguise it, becomes annoying and is very noticeable . This is a great looking car , but with so many new models recently released by other car makers if your in the market for a new car I would seriously look alot closer at the juke before you commit to spending a lot of money . It wouldn't surprise me at all if Nissan have to issue a recall at some point to rectify this problem , but for me its ruined my whole driving and owning experience, of the new shape nissan juke tekna plus. Ill let you know if nissan step up and do the right thing for their customers and get the design fault fixed . If they don't I suggest DONT BUY ONE

Banned
Yes I can see that and it would be wonderful if the choice of tyres they themselves have fitted to the vehicle were the cause of my problem and concerns, as easily changed and problem fixed. I have mud flaps /guards fitted all round but they make no difference and as soon as the road is wet , or it's raining, all four sills and arches on each door are soaked and covered in dirt and mess from the road . Currently its in the hands of Nissan , but depending where they take this im an experienced enough driver to know there is definitely a fault they need to cure and rectify. If it isn't I will appoint my own vehicle examination independently to get to the bottom of what the problem or fault maybe, and go from there .

Administrator
He was banned before and was banned again.

Registered
I've purchased a top of the range nissan juke tekna plus only had it since march , 2021 . Every time I drive it in bad weather or when the roads are wet I get to my destination and all the sills and arches on every door are soaking wet and covered in road dirt and mess I have raised this problem with Nissan and been told it is a design fault and Nissan are not going to do anything about rectifying the problem despite the car being under full warranty and the fact when I went to my local dealership I was told I was the fourth customer that day to make the same complaint . If this is Nissan's response then I would seriously advise any one thinking of buying a nissan juke not to , don't say you haven't been warned .

Super Moderator
I don鈥檛 typically drive on dirty or dusty roads. But the road I鈥檓 on just got extended and has a lot of earth moving traffic right now. I鈥檇 have to say of the photos posted above, my Juke looks similar. Does it bother me? No, not one bit. The mud doesn鈥檛 even make it into the cabin because the door gasket stops any further ingress. The little bit on the actual sill that鈥檚 on the cabin side of the gasket, that鈥檚 just from how I get in and out of the car and what鈥檚 tracked in on my shoes. Pictures for comparison.

I don鈥檛 think there鈥檚 a problem. If mud and road debris isn鈥檛 getting into the cabin, then there鈥檚 no design flaw with the door sill. The sill is considered part of the frame, the skirt or apron is considered part of the body.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts