Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
My initial thought about the sills/door being deeper for safety, etc.

Load of crap.

The gen 1 vs gen 2 doors should have no difference on the doors,aside from maybe the mirrors with the all-around view cameras. Otherwise, it should be all the same parts. The fenders/front quarter panels are probably different due to the 'gator' light change. That might be responsible as well, but I doubt it.

Hopefully the flaps fix the issue.

Otherwise, in 9 years on the forum, I've never heard of this issue.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
In hindsight, this thread is hilarious. The same few forum members saying the same things over the period of a month, just spaced out due to the timing of the responses.

New discussion on gen 1, 2, 3 and how wikipedia is wrong:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Well, that escalated quickly.

I'm not "wound" about anything, there are 2 reasons I've offered input on the topic so far:

This is a North America juke forum and the general pool of knowledge centers around that. As a community, we try to help juke owners regardless of their region, but yes, I was pointing out that the knowledgebase here may be limited with regards to your newer models.

The basis of any organized discussion relies heavily on common terminology. If people aren't speaking the same language and using agreed upon terms/words, it will only lead to confusion and misunderstanding. Everyone having the same understanding of gen 1, 2, 3 is a piece of groundwork on the discussion. In the early part of this thread there was misunderstanding and I've seen the same on other threads regarding the new gen 3 juke model. So clarifying that is important for people to help you. IMO, saying "TBH, I don't really care what models you or any other country has or how accurate my model description is. " is rather selfish and presents quite a roadblock to allowing others to try to assist you and any others who might benefit from the discussion at hand.

Based on those last 2 posts, it really appears that your goal is not to solicit a "solution" to a problem, but merely to vent your frustration to a design problem that you are experiencing with a new model vehicle. A problem that probably needs to be addressed with Nissan, as you are doing.

I guess let us know if we can help further with your GEN 3 juke, with the limited knowledge that the rest of the forum of 10 years has with their GEN 1 and GEN 2 jukes. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Or slap some external weatherstripping to the bottom of the door.
Agreed, looks like a v3 juke that was never released in north america.

Interesting info tho, thanks for sharing here!
Response #3 (and #5) and #11.

I'll just put it out there: you've decided to be a jerk about all this.

Reread the thread from top to bottom. Gain some additional perspective and don't be afraid to say "i'm sorry, i misinterpreted some text on the internet".

Mac and I are "forum buddies" but we have also had many differences in the past as well. That's the good thing about this forum, most of the long standing members have good info and a good understanding of others and what responses may come and we treat each of respectfully, regardless of opinion.

This forum can still be an asset to you, but I suggest you review your perception and attitude to make the most of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts