Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took delivery of our New Mk 2 Juke last September &, overall, I’m pleased with it. One problem became apparent almost immediately when it first rained the week after we bought it. The sill area between the inside bottom edge of the doors & the lower door gets extremely filthy with water, mud & all sorts of debris when the car is driven in the rain. This is mainly a problem with the front doors but also occurs to a lesser extent at the rear doors. The rubber door seal does stop the muck entering the car but only just. It looks unsightly & it’s difficult to avoid brushing against it when getting in & out of the car, inevitably this makes your shoes & clothing dirty.

This is the 4th Juke we’ve had but this was never a problem on the previous models. I’m currently in discussion with the Dealership that sold me the car but I would like to know if anyone else has the same problem?

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like you need mud flaps on the front fenders. Or the tread on the tires is aggressive enough to pick up dirt.
The dealer has agreed to fit front mud flaps FOC which, hopefully will cure the problem. I'm of the opinion it's a design error/fault as none of the 3 Mk 1 Jukes we've had suffered from this problem but they are telling me it's a result of deeper sills for safety reasons. Fair enough on the safety thing but deeper sills should not be designed so they end up so filthy from water being driven into the void from the front wheel arch. They are also telling me that that nobody else has complained which I just don't believe as the muck & debris in there when it's driven in the rain is not just a little splashing, it's really bad. The car is on lease so I'm not inclined to spend my own money on a brand new car to overcome what I see as a Nissan design fault, I just wanted to find out if there are others are not happy with this.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
My initial thought about the sills/door being deeper for safety, etc.

Load of crap.

The gen 1 vs gen 2 doors should have no difference on the doors,aside from maybe the mirrors with the all-around view cameras. Otherwise, it should be all the same parts. The fenders/front quarter panels are probably different due to the 'gator' light change. That might be responsible as well, but I doubt it.

Hopefully the flaps fix the issue.

Otherwise, in 9 years on the forum, I've never heard of this issue.

·
Registered
74 Posts

Load of crap.

The gen 1 vs gen 2 doors should have no difference on the doors,aside from maybe the mirrors with the all-around view cameras. Otherwise, it should be all the same parts. The fenders/front quarter panels are probably different due to the 'gator' light change. That might be responsible as well, but I doubt it.

I think Richard drives a new Juke , one that you don’t have in the USA

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Load of crap.

I agree & also think it's a load of crap; but the doors & sills are quiet different from the Mk 1. I've had a good look at it I think there is a problem/gap between the bottom of the front wheel arch & underside of the front door which allows all the crap to get thrown into the void between the door & outer sill below the rubber door surround. I'm a qualified mechanical engineer & spent all my career in mechanical design technology & equipment installation so they don't get away with it that easy! We've had 3 Mk1 Jukes, all on lease, & it wasn't a problem on any of them, it's only a problem on the Mk 2, which I think was released September 2019. But, aside from their offer of free mud flaps which I've taken up, they seem to be in denial & don't see a problem even though they admitted it also happens on their demonstrator cars, hence why I wanted to find out if others had complained.

·
Registered
192 Posts
North America got the Gen 1 and Gen 2. This is the Gen 3, by my count.

As I understand it, it is a new chassis, so the change would be substantial, thus substantiating the claim of the sill change.
BUT, I agree that it should not pack up with muck, with OR without the mud flap.

As of late, nissan has not been a brand that has been catching my eye for many reasons.

·
Registered
892 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Agreed, looks like a v3 juke that was never released in north america.

Interesting info tho, thanks for sharing here!

·
Registered
97 Posts
And you know I still get roadsalt on the back of me panties from the Nismo sills on me 2016. I thought it kind of inevitable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a new Juke last September and have the same problem with mud being thrown up under the front doors. My dealer says there is nothing they can do. I suggested front mud flaps but they will fit them if I pay for them, but do not think they will work. I am still discussing it with the dealer.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought a new Juke last September and have the same problem with mud being thrown up under the front doors. My dealer says there is nothing they can do. I suggested front mud flaps but they will fit them if I pay for them, but do not think they will work. I am still discussing it with the dealer.
I've had my Mk 2 Juke since September also. My dealer eventually agreed to fit a set of mud flaps (front & back) for me FOC this was done about a month ago. They even collected & returned the car up from my private address but I did use the fact that I have bought 5 new cars (3 of them Mk 1 Jukes) from them over the last 12 years to "lean on them" a bit! I haven't really tested it's success in anger yet as it the car hasn't really been out in the rain since but I'm hopeful. I am a qualified Mechanical Engineer & involved in equipment design, installation & commissioning the whole of my working life & I think I know a design fault when I see one! Despite previous phone conversations with the dealer denying there was a problem & that nobody else had complained, the regional after sales manager (who collected/delivered my car) agreed with me privately that there is a problem & they see it regularly on their demonstrators. All I can advise is that you keep pushing the dealer & use my case as an example if you want. Initially things didn't appear to be moving in my favour so I specifically asked the Dealer to upgrade & forward an official complaint to Nissan. I imagine going that route is a lot of hassle for them for no real gain (probably more expensive than fitting a set of mud flaps!) so have a go & they may finally agree to supply & fit FOC for you as they did for me.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Isn't the latest version of a juke (not available in north america) the mk 3?
As Stuart is registered in the UK, I'm assuming he has what I am calling the Mk2 which was released late 2019 I believe but I could be wrong. The UK Mk2 (as I'm calling it) is completely different to the Mk1 of which I've had 3 from new. It's never been a problem with the first model, it's only a problem on the new model which has a radically different body style & much smarter IMO. Don't know what models you have in America (is this predominantly an American Forum?) but the UK version has only ever had 2 body styles. The Mk 1 was uplifted a couple of times - lights, fittings & a couple of different engines but the body has always retained the basic "frog eye" look. Apart from the Nismo, the best of the engines was a 4 cylinder, turbo petrol fitted to the 2017 model year but that's not currently available on the new Mk 2. This one only gets a 3 cylinder petrol turbo, on paper the power is similar but not the torque & it's definitely not as quick; great shame but in the interests of "saving the planet" I suppose!

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
In hindsight, this thread is hilarious. The same few forum members saying the same things over the period of a month, just spaced out due to the timing of the responses.

New discussion on gen 1, 2, 3 and how wikipedia is wrong:

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In hindsight, this thread is hilarious. The same few forum members saying the same things over the period of a month, just spaced out due to the timing of the responses.

New discussion on gen 1, 2, 3 and how wikipedia is wrong:

What's hilarious about it? I initially posted about a problem with the "New Juke" which you don't seem to have in the US or Canada or, wherever. TBH, I don't really care what models you or any other country has or how accurate my model description is. New Juke which we have here in the UK has a radically different body style to the original & looks more like a Qashqai derivative than the original Juke but, for some reason, you seem to be getting wound about accuracy of model description & keep popping up to put everyone to rights; what contribution does this provide towards solving the original problem I posted! Stuart L is based in the UK &, presumably, has the same new UK model I have & seems to be having the same problem, I posted back to explain how I have overcome it &, hopefully, he can use my experience as ammunition/leverage on his dealer!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is not hilarious. Richard and I have a significant problem with large amounts of dirt on the car and onto clothing . I hesitate to think what salt from the roads will do to the door and car body, as on a previous Nissan. I have seen the dealer today and said I need a solution, and quoted Richard's wording and his dealer's solution. Again they said they would discuss it! I now have to write to them, and will ask to go higher, up to Nissan direct if necessary.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Well, that escalated quickly.

I'm not "wound" about anything, there are 2 reasons I've offered input on the topic so far:

This is a North America juke forum and the general pool of knowledge centers around that. As a community, we try to help juke owners regardless of their region, but yes, I was pointing out that the knowledgebase here may be limited with regards to your newer models.

The basis of any organized discussion relies heavily on common terminology. If people aren't speaking the same language and using agreed upon terms/words, it will only lead to confusion and misunderstanding. Everyone having the same understanding of gen 1, 2, 3 is a piece of groundwork on the discussion. In the early part of this thread there was misunderstanding and I've seen the same on other threads regarding the new gen 3 juke model. So clarifying that is important for people to help you. IMO, saying "TBH, I don't really care what models you or any other country has or how accurate my model description is. " is rather selfish and presents quite a roadblock to allowing others to try to assist you and any others who might benefit from the discussion at hand.

Based on those last 2 posts, it really appears that your goal is not to solicit a "solution" to a problem, but merely to vent your frustration to a design problem that you are experiencing with a new model vehicle. A problem that probably needs to be addressed with Nissan, as you are doing.

I guess let us know if we can help further with your GEN 3 juke, with the limited knowledge that the rest of the forum of 10 years has with their GEN 1 and GEN 2 jukes. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts