Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone getting or ordering their Jukes below MSRP?
The dealer I went to said they will not budge on the MSRP price set by Nissan, they won't even discount any accessories.
They told me that the vehicle is such a hot commodity right now, supply is low and demand is high in my area that the next person in line will just snatch it up.
Right now it's about 10 customers per 1 vehicle coming in. It's a hot ticket item.

Basically there is no wheeling and dealing on this vehicle until after the frenzy subsides.
Is any of what I posted true about what the dealer told me? I know they need to make maximum profit especially seeing that the economy was sluggish and this vehicle appears to be kick starting Nissan sales.

I would love to hear what a dealer on these forums have to say.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I see several available near me (according to the Nissan site). Odd that neither salesperson I asked to call me have done so when they are both showing inventory. I don't know yet, but the one guy I talked to promised that my company discount would apply and it wouldn't be OVER MSRP.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I'm a little disappointed about how "hot" the car seems right now. After reading all the crap talk about it early on where people were saying no one would buy it, I was all set for something unique. Now, it appears not so much.

I only stand to gain by waiting a bit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Consider

I am at a small dealership, there are 11 sales people, we will get 2 Jukes to start, then another 4 after a bit.ALL 11 people have some/several buyers interested.There are not going to be enough cars for a while.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
this may work to our advantage in the long run. The first wave will be snapped up, then the dealers will order a lot more, and there will be plenty.

Or so we can hope.

·
Registered
122 Posts
A local dealer got two in yesterday and both were spoken for by today. I got a chance to ride one because there was no signed contract yet.
Salesman told me they were allotted 4 until after December. I don't know if customer orders count against that or not.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
it's also maybe to the dealers' advantage to play up the scarcity "it's hot" fctor

·
Super Moderator
6,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it's also maybe to the dealers' advantage to play up the scarcity "it's hot" fctor
That's what I believe they are doing.
In fact, I just called another Nissan dealer in my area, they have the SV in stock ready to sell me, however, I told them I wasn't interested in that model.
I told them I want the SV fully loaded and they said they would sell below MSRP. Hmmm

I'll get more details tomorrow and post what this dealership tells me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
In the buying services thread, it shows participating dealers below MSRP. Pretty much take difference between invoice and MSRP and split the difference.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You should still get a grand off on a fully loaded model. Press for that and it will help if you don't expect them to take a trade in too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was only able to get about $400 of the MSRP on a AWD SL...dealers seem to have pre-sold many of the ones coming in...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts