Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2008 nissan versa
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i got a question about the mr16ddt engine. What are the main differences between the one in the mt cars and the at cars, are there any sensors i have to worry about? im trying to swap one into my versa, ive seen it done and i want to try, as far as i know the gen one MR16/18/20 motors are physically interchangable in terms of mounting but what about the electronics? Should i be worried about direct injection? Any extra stuff i may not have thought about? Thank you

·
Registered
705 Posts
The electronics are completely different. You will need a Juke ECU, wiring harness, and mounts. The DI system will require a different fuel line than what you have in your versa. As for the rest of it: you will need a Juke radiator set-up, intercooler and AC condenser. As for bolting up to a trans. I am not sure it will bolt onto a Versa trans, I see you have an 08, which if I recall has a five speed. You will probably want to just go ahead and get the base model six speed and its axles, as you need the two sensors on that trans for the Juke ECU. The cluster is different as well, same with the BCM and dash harness...

As for differences between AT and MT. The only difference is a bushing in the crankshaft on the CVT cars that is not in the Six Speed Cars.

Just buy a Juke.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
So long and the short of what ^ he said is, why? Why would you? Why not just get a juke - sure it's like 10000lbs heavier, but why? Just go get a Tesla and be happy :D

·
Registered
705 Posts
So long and the short of what ^ he said is, why? Why would you? Why not just get a juke - sure it's like 10000lbs heavier, but why? Just go get a Tesla and be happy :D
Six Speed Juke to 5 speed Versa is less than 500 lbs lol

08 Versa: 2671 - 2758 lbs
11 Juke: 2912 - 3210 lbs

·
Administrator
11,911 Posts
Yeah a 2014 RS 6 speed is like 3000 lbs ?

·
Registered
2008 nissan versa
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The electronics are completely different. You will need a Juke ECU, wiring harness, and mounts. The DI system will require a different fuel line than what you have in your versa. As for the rest of it: you will need a Juke radiator set-up, intercooler and AC condenser. As for bolting up to a trans. I am not sure it will bolt onto a Versa trans, I see you have an 08, which if I recall has a five speed. You will probably want to just go ahead and get the base model six speed and its axles, as you need the two sensors on that trans for the Juke ECU. The cluster is different as well, same with the BCM and dash harness...

As for differences between AT and MT. The only difference is a bushing in the crankshaft on the CVT cars that is not in the Six Speed Cars.

Just buy a Juke.
Lemme give you some versa info:
The versa has the tl4 six speed the same as the juke, it uses the mr18 engine same mounting as the juke, its a absolute tin can in terms of weight, and the chassis is used for the renault clio5 rs in eu so there is a pretty good aftermarket in terms of suspension. Its a good light hatch platform.

As for ecu and harness, i alredy have it. I got a dropout mr16ddt and tl4 swap from a '12 juke got it for $2800

As for a cluster, this is going to be a track weapon ie no interior, will probly fab up a mount for it and use the stock juke one

What would be the best way to do the direct injection?
Get A juke fuel pump and maybe tank?
Custom line?
I feel like im really close

·
Registered
705 Posts
You need all of the nodes in the network for the car to work properly, I am not even sure the ECU will run the engine without a cluster installed. I may test that this afternoon. It uses the cluster as a system check.

For the fuel system you will need just a fuel line to the DI pump. On a stock turbo and stock power, the fuel pump you have will work fine. It just feeds the high pressure pump.

·
Administrator
11,911 Posts
You need all of the nodes in the network for the car to work properly, I am not even sure the ECU will run the engine without a cluster installed. I may test that this afternoon. It uses the cluster as a system check.

For the fuel system you will need just a fuel line to the DI pump. On a stock turbo and stock power, the fuel pump you have will work fine. It just feeds the high pressure pump.
Oh does that mean there can be Fast Religion 6 speed MRDDT Versa swap ?

·
Registered
2008 nissan versa
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So as long as i got all the juke sensors connected i should be fine? Or do you mean all the interior bits as well. i have a base model versa which means literally no electronics, manual locks, crank windows and seats no cruise or anything so the dash harness goes to like the hazard light button and the pass airbag light and the pass mirror. Would i have to find a base juke cluster and harness to make it the simplest?
The juke i got this motor from is still in the junkyard near my house and its a base model

Im also really thinking about just using fueltech instead of trying to do the stock ecu would be less headache but also would be pretty expensive.
What do yall think?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts