Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Violet, it was definetly a mix of all three. Normal and Sport when I am controlling it, Eco when I have cruise on on the highways.

msagustin, Definetly not, I only have a few hundred miles on it so I am expecting that number to go up over time.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
interesting fuelly thingy. does the juke's trip computer have functions that help you determine this?

I don't actually know how to calculate my mpg; it's not a huge concern with my present car and daily drive. I fill up my car about every 3 weeks, and that's it.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Juke's computer has an "instant" and "average" mpg calculation, but I have found that the cars aren't always accurate. I like Fuelly because it asks you for everything it needs, and calculates it automatically. Plus, it will track fuel prices (if you enter them), how much money you have spent on gas, best MPG in a tank, most miles, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
MPG disparity

I read a review this morning in which the reviewer claimed to get dramatically lower mpg than Nissan's stated 25/30 CVT AWD mpg. He writes: "Preproduction CVT AWD test car registered 17.7 mpg (5.65 gallons per 100 miles) in suburban driving without having fun, 16.6 mpg (6.02 gal./100 miles) having some fun, 15.5 mpg (6.45 gal./100 miles) having lots of fun."

Anybody understand how his numbers could be so low?

Sorry - I can't post the url, but it was a USA today review that came up under "news" when I Googled "Nissan Juke"

·
Registered
71 Posts
I find this highly suspect. My own gripes about USA Today aside, I lament the banal blatherings of newspaper car reviews/reviewers.

If you want numbers and opinions you can trust, check out Road & Track, Car and Driver, Motor Trend, or Consumer Reports.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He writes: "Preproduction CVT AWD test car registered 17.7 mpg (5.65 gallons per 100 miles) in suburban driving without having fun, 16.6 mpg (6.02 gal./100 miles) having some fun, 15.5 mpg (6.45 gal./100 miles) having lots of fun."
I'm calling BS on how he got those numbers. I have been thrashing the thing pretty hard and I am in the mid 20's. I usually don't trust many reviews, with the exception of Consumer Report (not Consumer's Digest!), TTAC, and a few others. USAToday certainly doesn't join that list.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I read a review this morning in which the reviewer claimed to get dramatically lower mpg than Nissan's stated 25/30 CVT AWD mpg. He writes: "Preproduction CVT AWD test car registered 17.7 mpg (5.65 gallons per 100 miles) in suburban driving without having fun, 16.6 mpg (6.02 gal./100 miles) having some fun, 15.5 mpg (6.45 gal./100 miles) having lots of fun."

Anybody understand how his numbers could be so low?

Sorry - I can't post the url, but it was a USA today review that came up under "news" when I Googled "Nissan Juke"
Here is that link:
Review: 2011 Nissan Juke is flawed but, boy, is it lovable

It's a love hate relationship with many reviewers, almost becomes too personal of a review.
Like Bob-omb and BlueEr03 stated: I trust Road & Track, Car and Driver, Motor Trend, and Consumer Reports.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've never had a car hit sticker mpg out of the box. Soon as you get most cars over 55 or 57 mph, mpg will suffer badly due to drag (no way around it, no matter how aerodynamic the car is.

On my bug, I was able to cheat the mpg up a bit too by putting on 1" larger diameter tires (but had to make sure contact patch remained relatively the same).

keeping the car at or under 55, I can get 32 mpg. Soon as I take the car above 60, mileage drop is noticeable. probably 26 mpg at 75 mph driving.

Of all the new cars I've looked at, owners have all said their onboard computers are generous by at least 1mpg on average. Only way to get true mpg is to run down a tank, and do the actual math (and if you want to be real picky, double check that your odometer is correct with a gps tracking it.)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just had my first fill-up, and plan to figure out my mpg when I go in for my next fill-up.

I wouldn't be shocked if it averaged 25, though.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Can't say I've had those results at all Carphunter.

In my Celica(rated at 31highway), I consistently get 38-40mpg out of my all highway commute. And I'm certainly not doing 55, usually 75-80mph. I just try not to be in the front of the pack, and catch some of the wake of cars in front of me.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
So I started a page at fuelly.com Pretty interesting, because it shows actual mileage people are getting on their cars, and you can compare.

Only 6 Juke's so far, but comparing mileage to my Honda Civic . . . I'm going to take a hit. :(

·
Registered
248 Posts
Aside from the fact that few people are able to reach this mythical 30mpg that was on the sticker, I think what annoys me most is the tiny gas tank. If you look at Blue's log, he has to fill up nearly every 2 days. I've dropped from 1.5 weeks in my accord to about every 4 days in my juke :(

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I have a 113 mile round trip commute, so that is why I fill up so much. But yeah, I wish the tank was a few gallons bigger.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've got over 2k on the odo and so far am averaging 23 on highway at 75/80 mph. City driving at 18 with normal stop and go Philly traffic. I am using regular gas and driving in normal mode. I checked the tire pressure over the weekend and found it at 28 lbs. @ air temp of 31 degrees. I pumped up to 35 lbs as recommended on the door pillar. I'm hoping that helps. I don't like that I have to fill up on a 300 mile round trip but I know I am not going to start driving 55.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Haved filled up four times, major driving with much stop go is in town driving, also many restarts. I only have 1100 miles todate. have averaged 22,24.4,29.8 and 24.2. I suspect I will do better when it is broken in.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts