Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I'm moving to LA in May for an internship. I was wondering how strict the Cali laws are on tinting windows? I know the front windows have to allow 70% or more of light in. I just got my windows tinted to 15%.

Should I remove the two front window tints? (Driver side and passenger side)

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
The rear doors & rear window can be as dark as you want them, but the front have to be 70%. So your 15% is not going to make it. You'll get pulled over on a regular basis. CA is anal about their car laws.

·
Registered
985 Posts
You could try to rock out of state plates and just wait to get busted. You will, like stated above. It is just a reason to pull you over.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just scheduled to get them removed. There goes $50 bucks for removal along with the original cost. Woops.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Good purchase. Been here for 11 years and three cars.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I just scheduled to get them removed. There goes $50 bucks for removal along with the original cost. Woops.
Why not wait until you get pulled over for it?... I've been with my car for 2 1/2 years with the same tint and it hasnt happened yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why not wait until you get pulled over for it?... I've been with my car for 2 1/2 years with the same tint and it hasnt happened yet.
I don't want to risk it. Also, it was a bit too dark at night. I'm getting Airblue tint in the front I think.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey there,

I'm moving to LA in May for an internship. I was wondering how strict the Cali laws are on tinting windows? I know the front windows have to allow 70% or more of light in. I just got my windows tinted to 15%.

Should I remove the two front window tints? (Driver side and passenger side)

Thanks in advance!
i have 30% in the fronts and haven't gotten pulled over yet. driven past cops multiple times.

i would definitely be careful of downtown LA where cops will likely pull you over for the fix-it tickets. smaller cities/towns are fine.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't want to risk it. Also, it was a bit too dark at night. I'm getting Airblue tint in the front I think.
Oh okay. Cool.
Mine are 15% in the fronts as well and the rear are limo tint which is 5% i think.
I haven't gotten pulled over. I use to with the limo tint was all the way around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts