Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - im looking at a pretty cherry 2016 RS with only 11k miles on it. however when i took a look at the interior they had cloth seats! I thought the Recaros were standard in the RS.
I called Nissan usa and they were not helpful.

Help would be very appreciated!

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
RS has them standard. In fact the RS didn't have any options at all besides choosing AWD CVT vs FWD 6MT. One of two things here...

It's not a proper RS and maybe just has some of the visual pieces added to a standard Juke.

Or....

At the risk of sounding lacking in decorum I'd guess the previous owner was too "wide" to fit in them so they swapped them out. Bigger people literally cannot fit in those seats.

If it is a proper RS, adding the Recaros back in probably cost a pretty penny. Nissan likely doesn't have any in stock they would sell you so you'd have to try ebay or something.

I'd look up the VIN and make sure it's a real RS.

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
You can lookup the VIN, or just look at the tachometer. If the tach has a red background, then it is an RS (I can’t remember if the regular Nismo also had the red tach). Those are considerably harder to swap out and will be a dead giveaway if someone swapped the seats or re-badged the car.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
You can lookup the VIN, or just look at the tachometer. If the tach has a red background, then it is an RS (I can’t remember if the regular Nismo also had the red tach). Those are considerably harder to swap out and will be a dead giveaway if someone swapped the seats or re-badged the car.
Good call. It says RS too it isn't just red. The left guage says Nismo and the right guage says RS.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Chances are someone took the seats out and either sold them separately or held on to them etc etc....

Multiple people on this forum alone have done that so wouldn't be surprised if that is the case

·
Registered
708 Posts
Not a legit RS anymore lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts