Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2015 nissan juke nismo AWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, ive been trying to remove the last bolt from my 2015 Nissan juke Nismo AWD. the bolt in question is on the passenger size (in usa) connected to the downpipe. this is the last bolt and to matter what ive tried im not getting it off, any suggestions

Gas Bumper Auto part Metal Machine
Automotive exhaust Automotive tire Vehicle Bumper Gas

· Super Moderator
2,651 Posts
You’re talking about one of those spring bolts? Yeah mine were very difficult to remove after just 3 Wisconsin winters and about 30k miles. I was able to remove three of the four, then the last snapped off. Thankfully it snapped in the midpipe and not in the downpipe. The only tip I can give is use a good penetrating oil and apply it multiple times over a period of time on the threads and apply some heat to the nut. One or the other should loosen the bolt. Sometimes trying to tighten it then loosen it is enough to break it free.

· Vendor
1,385 Posts
Heat. Lots of heat. Penetrants will only do so much. Last resort is to cut it off and drill out what's left. Also, correction, that is the second cat pipe, the downpipe is tucked behind the engine.

· Premium Member
874 Posts
I took mine to a local shop and had them do it. I just couldn't get the torque I needed from laying on my back to get those darn things loosened and the angle I was working was impossible. They then installed my new cat back + 2nd cat delete, Injen exhaust for me as well. Saved me about 100 cuss words and hours of bloody knuckles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts