Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my 2013 Nissan nismo Juke last 1.6 L turbo all 2j racing piping and with stock ecu 2j inner cooler with tuned auxiliary pipping turbo is stock runs great but I’m getting code p0101 Mass or volume airflow A circuit rang/performance (word for word). I’ve already replaced the mass airflow sensor on the auxiliary pipe but it’s still showing I’m at a Complete loss.

mind you I’m new to the world of turbo boosted cars and I’m doing the work myself because I don’t trust the dealership to actually fix anything

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Probably a boost leak somewhere, check the hose/pipe connections going from the turbo to the intercooler then to the diverter valve. Wiggle them as though you are trying to pull them off. Tighten anything that is loose.

·
Super Moderator
2,470 Posts
You swapped the intercooler pipes. Did you replace the gasket between the upper intercooler pipe and the outlet of the turbo compressor?

·
Registered
2016 Juke Nismo RS 6spd / 2J-FBO / Mamba 21TK / 290 WHP 20psi
23 Posts
I was having the same issue with P0101 and it was getting frustrating. I would definitely change and use a new gasket like squirtbrnr suggested if you haven't already. I thought mine was a boost/vacuum leak as well, tested and everything was sealed. My issue ended up being an exhaust leak where the downpipe connects to the mid-pipe. Changed that gasket and it resolved my issue.

If you're running an aftermarket DV such as the TurboSmart Kompact Dual Port you have to make sure it is really tight or that could leak. Thought I'd share my experience in hopes it might help.

Reactions: Sleepy13ls

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
How did you find the leak? A smoke machine? I’m thinking about getting one. My P0101 keeps coming back and it is pulling boost because of it. It also limits the top speed. I can’t figure it out at all.

·
Registered
2016 Juke Nismo RS 6spd / 2J-FBO / Mamba 21TK / 290 WHP 20psi
23 Posts
How did you find the leak? A smoke machine? I’m thinking about getting one. My P0101 keeps coming back and it is pulling boost because of it. It also limits the top speed. I can’t figure it out at all.
You can purchase a turbo boost leak tester, probably cheaper that a smoke tester and use that. It tests by pressurizing the system and depending on how fast it lets air out you can tell if there's a leak and can listen for it (there will be some things you'll have to plug). Smoke test will give you an exact location visually if there is a leak. If the car is tuned you can have your tuner double check to make sure everything is normal and disable the code if it is. This code is a little common in the Juke.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
You can purchase a turbo boost leak tester, probably cheaper that a smoke tester and use that. It tests by pressurizing the system and depending on how fast it lets air out you can tell if there's a leak and can listen for it (there will be some things you'll have to plug). Smoke test will give you an exact location visually if there is a leak. If the car is tuned you can have your tuner double check to make sure everything is normal and disable the code if it is. This code is a little common in the Juke.
Thank you for that info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts