Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have 2011 Juke and I am fighting with the MAF code I have changed the sensor 2x and cleaned it a dozen or more times I can not find a leak in the system! Any help would be great thanks

·
Administrator
11,701 Posts
Which Code ?

·
Super Moderator
2,197 Posts
P0101 could be caused by a lot of things. Vacuum/boost leak, exhaust leak, other sensor (AFR or O2) is reading bad, or could be a bad MAF sensor but that is rare. Others here have had problems with non-OEM MAF sensors and if they didn’t have any leaks, then replacing the MAF with an OEM one was the only fix. Typically though, a P0101 is not a bad MAF sensor. Do a search for P0101 here on the forums. I know I have explained in depth the setting criteria for the code. What it really means is the engine already knows how much air should be metered in because it calculated it from the other sensors and just uses the MAF as a verification. If that calculation is wrong, the ECU will say the MAF is bad, but really it isn’t the MAF.

I’d get to a mechanic and have them do a full intake leak test with a smoke machine. You may have a stuck PCV valve or a leaky valve cover, divert valve, wastegate actuator, gasket on any number of pipes, hose clamp, split in a hose, etc. all of these are places air can escape or enter the system and throw readings off. If you’re absolutely sure you have no vacuum or boost leaks, go get an OEM MAF and also have Nissan make sure your ECU is up to date. There have been issues where the sensor tolerance programmed in the ECU was tighter than it should have been and an ECU update corrects that sensor value range.

Reactions: DCastellanos

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Copy thank you that gives me a dew other things to look for that i did not know about. I have no idea of the ECU has been up dated I we have only had this about a year now and this has been a issue most of the time

·
Administrator
11,701 Posts
Not sure if the Non OEM MAF is any good. You could get an OEM MAF too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts