Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on a 2012 Nissan Juke turbo
Just dropped manual trans to replace clutch and while bolting in new clutch assembly noticed the dual mass flywheel has some flex (play) side to side about 1/2- 3/4 of an inch, is that normal? I’ve heard some cars have some play but wasn’t sure if flywheel going bad or if it’s suppose to flex that much, would hate to put tranny back up just to have to drop tranny a month later to replace.
Anyone change over to a single mass flywheel? How is it for everyday driving? Any harsh vibrations or such?
Thanks

·
Administrator
12,147 Posts
I would replace the flywheel with the OEM version. It only makes sense.

·
Administrator
12,147 Posts
I really dont know but why not replace it. Its old and you have it " off ".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because it’s expensive and hard to find, even dealer has to special order it 3-4 days and a price of $650

·
Administrator
12,147 Posts
Yeah its a tough choice. I have never replaced a clutch in my life so I dont know if that much play is good.

·
Administrator
12,147 Posts
Because it’s expensive and hard to find, even dealer has to special order it 3-4 days and a price of $650
So the play is normal but you need to get the Flywheel resurfaced according to Fast Religion. Other wise you are asking for trouble as far as chattering and slipping from the hot spots on the old fly wheel.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Pculvert, I had mine replaced after burning it up. I got a Cluchmaster FX 300 clutch and lightweight flywheel. Unfortunately, stated hearing a “rattle” in neutral and it turns out that the throwout bearing went bad on that clutch kit so we put an ome one back on it. So far, so good. I haven’t noticed any vibrations or whatnot. Very little chatter also. The whole kit cost $750 and I can’t imagine why the flywheel would cost that much. Anyway, good luck in your project.

·
Registered
2011 Juke S 6MT
31 Posts
Old post, but just wanted to share that my flywheel is exactly the same, it does have some play left to right but after some quick online research it is indeed normal (but has to be within tolerances according to the specifications).

Here's a picture of the clutch disk, flywheel and pressure plate.

Yes, it was slipping BAD :C
Wheel Automotive tire Tread Tire Alloy wheel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts