Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had replaced my turbo core and oil supply line, not long after I bought it used, due to the tiny oem line getting restricted and not properly lubricating the turbo. Most likely from past owners not changing oil frequent enough. I replaced it with the Mamba oil supply line because it designed Better. I’ve had it now for about 25,000 miles and haven’t had any issues with it. I did have a little trouble getting the banjo bolt into the block but it fits and works good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the one I was looking at. Is this what you got

I had replaced my turbo core and oil supply line, not long after I bought it used, due to the tiny oem line getting restricted and not properly lubricating the turbo. Most likely from past owners not changing oil frequent enough. I replaced it with the Mamba oil supply line because it designed Better. I’ve had it now for about 25,000 miles and haven’t had any issues with it. I did have a little trouble getting the banjo bolt into the block but it fits and works good.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
That looks like the correct kit. Cross reference it with the Mamba site.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I'll also be getting the Mamba oil feed/water line kit. I had a FR oil line but I decided everything will be Mambatek at this point. The feed restrictor is critical, and so I'm taking no chances. The oil quality is critical, I had no turbo issues even at 85k miles. The MHI turbos are really outstanding in terms of reliability, the OEM line and poor maintenance are likely to blame.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Ugh......that Fast Religion turbo oil feed line is FULL FLOW. It would have wasted my Mambatek turbo. It's a nice unit with braided line and Vibrant AN fittings, but unfortunately MR. Amateur engineer did not do enough research, the TD04 CHRA requires a flow limit on the oil feed of 1.8mm dia..........say maybe like Nissan originally designed. Guys, do yourselves an enormous huge favor and simply buy a new OEM Nissan feed line or the Mambatek kit. I'm starting to lose my patience. All my MHI turbo had the hard oil feed lines with about a 2.0mm feed restrictor, I now want to pull an old one out to measure it. The FR oil feedline now either needs a bolt on restrictor adapter or I'm just buying the Mambatek which is basically the OEM Nissan anyway. It never ends man.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
I talked with Matt and he said His was restricted so it would not blow out the turbo oil seals. So I guess its not huh.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Nope sir, it isn’t. He lied or changed it later. It’s full flow, the only restriction is the AN opening which is 4.3mm, I blew thru it also. Nice piece, just nonrestrictor. I think there must be something off the shelf I can bolt into the AN fitting to restrict it. The advantage is the AN fittings are a nice quick release. I’ll figure something, this is the least of my worries.

Anyone who has one should pull it off and check it.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Vibrant have the restrictors for $25, I’ll check them out

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Yeah, it's actually a nice oil line since it's a Vibrant. The restrictor you want is .065", but they have all sizes, I forget the AN size that mates with it maybe -3 or -4. This just adds to my general anxiety about anything aftermarket. I forgot to mention it should probably have a heat/thermal sleeve on it as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone know of a video out there on replacing the feed line. Matt took down all his videos and his was really good 😢

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Dont know.

Its not terrible. The heat shield is the worst part and AWD is a lil harder than manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ugh......that Fast Religion turbo oil feed line is FULL FLOW. It would have wasted my Mambatek turbo. It's a nice unit with braided line and Vibrant AN fittings, but unfortunately MR. Amateur engineer did not do enough research, the TD04 CHRA requires a flow limit on the oil feed of 1.8mm dia..........say maybe like Nissan originally designed. Guys, do yourselves an enormous huge favor and simply buy a new OEM Nissan feed line or the Mambatek kit. I'm starting to lose my patience. All my MHI turbo had the hard oil feed lines with about a 2.0mm feed restrictor, I now want to pull an old one out to measure it. The FR oil feedline now either needs a bolt on restrictor adapter or I'm just buying the Mambatek which is basically the OEM Nissan anyway. It never ends man.
Not an expert myself. Planning to install oil feed line too. Based on some videos (
), it seems that Journal bearing turbos do not need resistrictors; they need the oil. Restrictors are mostly for ball bearing turbos. I know MAMBA oil feed line comes with a restrictor but based on various different sources, I do not know if it's better or worse than OEM if a resistrictor is installed. Still trying to figure out...

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Excessive oil pressure will push past the gap rings or seals. This is vehicle dependent. The MHI CHRA typically come with a .060-.080" restrictor in their OEM feed lines in applications I've owned, including the TD04 and TD05H series we are talking about here. I've yet in 25 years had an MHI turbo fail or push oil....ever. You run synthetic oil and change the filter regularly, you aren't having problems. I never ran an unrestricted oil feed......don't intend to now. My Juke with 85,000 miles on the OEM turbo had zero problems, I'll check the shaft play tonight but it was fine when I pulled it off the motor.

I leave you with this, the Mambatek oil & water feed line kit. Take note of the 1.8mm restrictor.

Run what you want, but Mambatek and MHI have restrictors in the feed lines. I'm not experimenting with a +$1500 turbo because Precision Turbo recommend something on a youtube vlog.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts