Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Current 08 Wrx owner here, looking for a Juke! I love my Wrx but the payments are becoming too much, and I would love to get out from under the loan while I have a chance! My Subaru also has just over 50,000 miles on it now and I would love to have a warranty back for a while!!! I probably wont go for the 6spd Juke.. the Gf can't drive manual and sometimes it's a PITA anyway so I just might go for the CVT. The local dealer I used to work for can get me a great deal for my trade, so I am really contemplating doing this! I feel like the Juke is a great platform to start with, and hopefully these cars respond nicely to some ecu tuning/ tweaking with the turbo-back exhaust! Probably wont be able to squeeze crazy power out of it like I have with my Wrx... but I have a feeling we'll be able to see some decent #'s on these cars!

My wrx -

·
Super Moderator
6,376 Posts
Nice looking car!!
Poor Subie. I have an 03 WRB WRX and still love it.
The AWD is phenomenal in the winter weather I get.

I'm trading in a AWD CR-V for the Juke. I wish the Juke had a hood scoop. It would look even more aggressive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah we had a pretty bad winter last year and the car was phenomenal! I will have to get the AWD in the Juke if I go through with it! The AWD would be missed wayy too much! lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not trying to be rude, but if you want to get out of the WRX to save money, maybe you really shouldn't be thinking about modding the Juke. I know it's hard to think about keeping a car stock.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm in the same boat; waiting for VPP eligibility to kick in. Let us know if you find out something.

Edit: Actually, we should put this question in the general forum, in case somebody else knows. I'll start a thread there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Do you work at a Nissan dealer? If so, have they said when the Juke will be eligible for employee discounts?
No I was a tech for Nissan a little more than 2 years ago. I'm not sure when they will be doing employee discounts but I think I will still get a good deal because I was pretty close to a couple of the sales managers/GM/Owner. I added *used to* to the OP... Don't know how I missed adding that in there lol

Not trying to be rude, but if you want to get out of the WRX to save money, maybe you really shouldn't be thinking about modding the Juke. I know it's hard to think about keeping a car stock.
I am not worried about spending money to mod the Juke.. I just want to cut back the monthly payment. I am paying over 400/mo on the Wrx.. I figure I can get the Juke to 200-250 range with my trade. Not to mention getting killed on NJ insurance. $200/month:mad: Nj is crazy! Lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice car. I think it's crazy how much interest there is in the Juke from people who own or are considering buying a WRX (given their differences). My wife and I were also considering a '10-'11 WRX wagon before we got her the Juke.

·
Registered
7 Posts
BTouWrx hi my name is bill. I just recently purchased a sl awd juke. the service guy told me to keep the awd in 2 wd mode and that it would adjust to situations automatically. I dont understand awd or fwd for that matter. But you sound like you might. What say you about how to properly use the jukes awd. Seems to me if it was all automatic you wouldnt need a 3 way rocker switch any thoughts that might help me?. Thanks in advance Bill

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am also debating between the Juke and WRX at the moment. I LOVE the Nissan community, but I am afraid I will be missing the performance of the WRX.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts