Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2013 Juke Nismo MT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!

After years of admiring Jukes on the road I finally picked up one for myself this week.
2013 Juke Nismo MT with just under 99k miles.

So far I have been LOVING zipping around in this thing!
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Are there any MUSTS I need to take care of right away? I have oil, filters, spark plugs, interior LEDs, and some cleaning on my To Do list that I go through every time I get a new vehicle. Unfortunately the last owner didn't have records for any service. Any big 100k service items?

A few questions I wanted to get out here on things I have noticed so far.
  1. Cruise control light comes on, but it doesn't seem to work.
  2. Seatbelt light stays on unless the (empty) passenger seat belt is buckled.
  3. Is there a comprehensive list anyone has put together on the maintenance schedule for this thing? I was really surprised the manual didn't have a chart.
  4. The hood seems to vibrate/rattle a bit during highway driving.. is that normal?
  5. Has anyone replaced the OEM nav system with an android auto stereo deck? Why they didn't stop putting navigation systems in cars in 2010 astounds me.
  6. I don't love the wheels. I believe they are stock, but I have always thought a Juke wants to grow up to be like warthog from Halo. Any idea what the biggest AT wheels you can fit without cutting anything? TPMS codes on all 4 when scanned, but no CEL.
  7. The horn is a joke. What is the biggest/loudest someone has installed?
  8. Exterior plastic is looking pretty sun worn (Texas), has anyone has success with products to restore that?
Thanks for any help with answers or linking me to relevant threads. I have briefly tried to look up a few things, but it looks like a lot of the threads are pretty old.

Looking forward to getting to know y'all and see your cars!

· Vendor
1,273 Posts
Cruise control light comes on, but it doesn't seem to work.
Once cruise control is ON, you then have to set it.

Seatbelt light stays on unless the (empty) passenger seat belt is buckled.
Odds are the sensor in the bottom of the seat is bad, diagnostics can be found in the FSM available at nicoclub.com

Is there a comprehensive list anyone has put together on the maintenance schedule for this thing? I was really surprised the manual didn't have a chart.
Oil change every 3k miles. Change the oil feed line out asap with either a new OEM one or this upgraded unit found here. Its a six speed, so there isn't anything really crazy to do to maintain it.

The hood seems to vibrate/rattle a bit during highway driving.. is that normal?
They all do that.

Has anyone replaced the OEM nav system with an android auto stereo deck? Why they didn't stop putting navigation systems in cars in 2010 astounds me.
Modern cars all come with OE nav systems... but yes you can install an aftermarket head unit, just get the appropriate head unit, mount and wiring and install it.

I don't love the wheels. I believe they are stock, but I have always thought a Juke wants to grow up to be like warthog from Halo. Any idea what the biggest AT wheels you can fit without cutting anything? TPMS codes on all 4 when scanned, but no CEL.
Removing TPMS does not cause a CEL, just the TPMS light to come on, its harmless. To fix it you will probably need new sensors installed or have to reprogram the ones in the wheels...if they are in there.

The horn is a joke. What is the biggest/loudest someone has installed?
You can install any aftermarket horn you want, just follow the recommended installation instructions and be sure to use the appropriate relays and fuses to protect the oem electronics.

Exterior plastic is looking pretty sun worn (Texas), has anyone has success with products to restore that?
There are loads of plastic restoration products on the market. I recommend consulting a local detailing shop, you will get about 239457 different recommendations on the internet...

· Vendor
1,273 Posts
it is from the length of the hood hinges, there is no fix for it, short of adding external latches to hold the read of the hood down.

· Registered
2,206 Posts
There are some large rubber fixtures on the hood itself, at various locations. They are about 1 inch diameter and have a screw structure and can be tightened and loosened to adjust the hood pressure when closed.

There are none at the back center of the hood, which is where it flexes the most, but the 2 at the front corners can help stabilize those areas.

Edit: most cars have these.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts