Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two months ago my dealer said he was going to receive two Juke's the first week of October. One would be a RED SV and the other a RED SL-AWD. I put $1,000 down to reserve the SL-AWD.

I've checked with him every week. Since early September, he has told me "it's on a truck--we expect it early October." Last week he repeated this. On Friday, he still expected it any day.

Today (on the day my lease ends on my Altima) the dealer told me that the SV will arrive week of 10/22 and the SL-AWD (my car) will arrive "month of December 2010."

Unbelievable.

Anyone else hearing of these delays?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Well, while the AWD is made in Japan, all the rest are allegedly made in Sunderland, in the north of England, both left and right hand drive.

That would explain the difference time frames.

I also understand that demand has outstripped supply, for some models.

I m sure Nissan won´t fall into the Toyota trap and employ labour that may not be as totally proficient as is necessary?

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
the US is getting all its Juke from Japan.

disappointing, but really not uncommon for new models. Manufacturers can't always control all the variables

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I don't understand how there can be cars in Jersey and Ohio, but your guys in IN aren't going to get theirs. I think they just don't know and are spooning you a bowl of crap. I was just at a dealer Saturday and they mentioned no such issues. They are expecting their delivery any day now.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Two months ago my dealer said he was going to receive two Juke's the first week of October. One would be a RED SV and the other a RED SL-AWD. I put $1,000 down to reserve the SL-AWD.

I've checked with him every week. Since early September, he has told me "it's on a truck--we expect it early October." Last week he repeated this. On Friday, he still expected it any day.

Today (on the day my lease ends on my Altima) the dealer told me that the SV will arrive week of 10/22 and the SL-AWD (my car) will arrive "month of December 2010."

Unbelievable.

Anyone else hearing of these delays?
You can extend your lease till you get your juke. I have done that. I waited a year to get my pre ordered Z back in 2002...yes one year, so two months is not bad.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Anytime a dealer tries anything like that I would just try and get my money back and go to another dealer. Usually when you try to do that they try and "speed" things up and then miracles start to happen.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I made the decision to extend my lease by 1 month. Now I'm calling nearby cities to see who else has a SL-AWD...to see if I can get one before December.

I'm going to Nissan right now to see (and drive) a SV that just arrived.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Woohoo have fun! The SV's are also quite awesome, I drove one, and frankly it had some great features. Let jukeforums know what you think!

I'm holding out for an SL as well, really hoping for heated leather seats before the winter sets in :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Test drove the SV tonight. I'm sold.

Not as zippy as my 3.5 Altima...but I didn't expect it to be. The backseat legroom was adequate for my needs. Love, love, love the look. Was concerned the Cayenne Red color would be too red, but it wasn't. Very deep. Loved it.

The dealer confirmed that the 2nd unit they get is EXACTLY what I want. It's Cayenne Red, SL-AWD, with Black Leather/Red Trim interior, and interior illumination. It will be here in December.

I will wait.

·
Registered
24 Posts
faithntim good idea

I think you are smart to wait.If you go to another dealer, you drop back in the waiting game.I would bet that you have your car in less than 30 days.
It could have been a ploy to drop your order, so they could sell the car for more.Stick with it, and good luck.

·
Super Moderator
6,376 Posts
Test drove the SV tonight. I'm sold.

Not as zippy as my 3.5 Altima...but I didn't expect it to be. The backseat legroom was adequate for my needs. Love, love, love the look. Was concerned the Cayenne Red color would be too red, but it wasn't. Very deep. Loved it.

The dealer confirmed that the 2nd unit they get is EXACTLY what I want. It's Cayenne Red, SL-AWD, with Black Leather/Red Trim interior, and interior illumination. It will be here in December.

I will wait.
Ditto. Mine won't arrive until December.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine was originally supposed to arrive Nov 1, and I was just told by the dealer (also in Indiana) that it is delayed until December. One reason I was given is "because of the high demand for the vehicle, dealers have been increasing their orders for the Juke. This has caused the build date and delivery date to get pushed back" (I'm not sure why new orders would slow down ones that are already slated for delivery.)

The other reason: "I guess there is some block between Japan and the U.S. having to do with the shipments of the Jukes and that is part of the cause for the delay."

He made it sound like everybody is in the same situation.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm on business in southern California, so stopped by 2 dealerships to see what other colors look like on the Juke in person. Saw gunmetal gray, metallic bronze, pearl white, electric blue and cayenne red. Also was able to see one SL model with leather black/red seats and red trim.

Now I REALLY want to make sure I get the black/red leather with red trim. It looked awesome. I'm less picky about the outside color--although I realize some exterior colors don't come with the black/red leather, trim option.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
me too. they make such a big deal out of the red painted trim, and then only a few of the vehicles come with it. grrr.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I dig the red center console. It goes way better with black/red leather seats than the silver, which is a little bland if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I would almost be willing to take a black juke if it had the red/black trim. NONE of the jukes I have seen at the 3 dealerships near me have the red/black trim though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts