Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have both a 2011 and 2017 Juke. With the 2011, when I turn off the ignition, I could pull the right stalk forward towards me and the wiper blades would rise which would allow me to pull them up off the windshield. Now that I have the 2017 Juke, I thought I could do the same thing. It is still snowing here, and when I turned off the ignition, pulled the stalk towards me, nothing happened. I looked it up in the manual and it said to pull the stalk up 2 times within .5 seconds after turning off the car. I went outside again and started my car, turned it off, pulled the stalk upwards twice and again nothing. I tried pushing it down as well, but still nothing. Not sure what else I can do. I thought perhaps I could pull them up by just lifting them, but that didn't work either. Not sure what else I should try. One day I will need to change the wiper blades and will need to know how to raise them. Anyone with a 2nd gen Juke know what I'm doing wrong?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Being female, I've been known to be very impatient, so I went outside armed with my manual to try to figure it out. It said that I could also try leaving the car running and pulling up twice...and it worked!! Perseverance always wins out! Thanks Swiftab for the suggestion.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Remove hood
Change wipers
Replace hood

Worked for me! 😂

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
I detail like 5 cars a week and my Juke is the only one I haven't figured out. Sure I could've done what @catwoman did but this is better. Thanks y'all!

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
While engine is running. Try lifting the stalk up twice.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
720 Posts
Shut engine off and within a few seconds "up up" and they stay there. You can drive ALL day with them like that. It's kinda neat. Reduces wind resistance. They do revert once you hit the stalk but hey, still fun...
And @catwoman shame on you for not searching or looking in the manual first!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did look but it didn’t work and I figured it out myself!

·
Registered
651 Posts
I've only gotten them to come up a couple times on my 2016 SV. I believe there's more to this Konami code on a gen 2. The series of events has to be just right. The planets must align perfectly. It's never a guarantee that I just shut off the engine and hit the stalk up twice. Never.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The trick is to not turn the car off before you pull it up twice. It will stay up and then you turn the car off.

·
Registered
720 Posts
or within a few seconds of shutting the car off. still works.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
The trick is to not turn the car off before you pull it up twice. It will stay up and then you turn the car off.
Yeah I posted that up above but I think you missed it. ;)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I missed it! I was too busy responding to that other ridiculous idea of taking the hood off! Your message must've slipped in when I wasn't looking!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have both a 2011 and 2017 Juke. With the 2011, when I turn off the ignition, I could pull the right stalk forward towards me and the wiper blades would rise which would allow me to pull them up off the windshield. Now that I have the 2017 Juke, I thought I could do the same thing. It is still snowing here, and when I turned off the ignition, pulled the stalk towards me, nothing happened. I looked it up in the manual and it said to pull the stalk up 2 times within .5 seconds after turning off the car. I went outside again and started my car, turned it off, pulled the stalk upwards twice and again nothing. I tried pushing it down as well, but still nothing. Not sure what else I can do. I thought perhaps I could pull them up by just lifting them, but that didn't work either. Not sure what else I should try. One day I will need to change the wiper blades and will need to know how to raise them. Anyone with a 2nd gen Juke know what I'm doing wrong?
I too own Gen1 and Gen2 Jukes. Just flick the stalk up twice while stopped or RIGHT after turning off engine. Also, flicking the turn signal stalk towards you (like hi-beam flash) 2 times RIGHT after you stop engine will turn on the headlights for a short while to help you navigate in the dark, then turn off automatically.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Solution - sell Juke, buy normal vehicle.

I think the Juke is the only vehicle I have ever owned where you cant pull the wipers up without making them go halfway through a sweep first.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just flick the stalk up twice while stopped or RIGHT after turning off engine.
I tried that numerous times, but it wouldn't work on my 2017 Juke. Only the 2011 one worked.

Also, flicking the turn signal stalk towards you (like hi-beam flash) 2 times RIGHT after you stop engine will turn on the headlights for a short while to help you navigate in the dark, then turn off automatically.
I'll have to try that!

Solution - sell Juke, buy normal vehicle.
Hey! No bad mouthing the Juke, Mr. Non-Juke Owner! 😋

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Hey! No bad mouthing the Juke, Mr. Non-Juke Owner! 😋
I was a Juke owner for 6.5 years, I think I can express my opinion as I had to deal with the exact same issue as everyone else.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How does that saying go...No comments from the peanut gallery! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts