Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks. Will do. I’d consider buying the entire headlight housing with proper reflection but it’s so damn annoying replacing the entire headlight unit. And unnecessary I think. Don’t you have to take off the freaking front bumper, wheel wells, etc lol

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
yes. the outer fender arches have to come off, then the front bumper comes off (there's screws and push rivets on top, on the sides, AND underneath including the deflectors underneath on the sides, basically everywhere) and then you can get the whole headlight housing off. I've done it a few times, but it's been a while.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Haha. Good lord. Yea, I’ll stick to factory for a bit. Lol. So the consensus is that even if you purchase LED bulbs, they won’t really reflect on the road. Just basically a big ass bright blob? I wonder if it’s the same for the alligator lights?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Gator lights don't aim, they just blob. LEDs in there are fine.

And I believe 13 is fully booked past the holidays and is closing shop for the month of December (benefits of being your own boss!) You should search for the shop site on facebook, he has a lot of recent projects on there.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I previously posted that I did not think the LED headlight bulbs would work, as the ones on the market at the time did not work well. Then I tried some of the new ones with thin strips of led's in the same location at the filaments in stock bulbs. My previous opinion no longer holds. If anything, the LED bulbs have more controlled beam pattern than the halogens they replaced, with a clear cutoff at the regulation height. This is a dramatic change from the LED bulbs I tried a few years earlier. I measured before and after, and they aimed slightly lower than stock.

I used these, which had good quality metal parts and LEDs, but a horribly cast plastic adapter ring than needed to be modified to fit. Other people have had issues with them not being wired up correctly, so there are likely better options out there and I do not recommend them unless you are prepared to modify them. That said, I am not sure which other ones would work, so you might have some trial and error.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SHSGDXQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

BTW, from a legal standpoint, it varies by state. In many east coast states, you technically can not have any modification other than a SAE/DOT approved light source in an approved housing. Even a clear lens over an approved light source that it wasn't designed, tested and approved with is illegal-- meaning even 13's headlights are also illegal in states like NY and PA (as are the clear lenses over 240Z headlights). Other states just base it off of where the beam cuts off. Enforcement is another matter, and I know of nobody here who has had an issue.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts