Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed foot well lights? I recently installed the blue LED lights on the map/dome lights and would really like a matching color in the foot well areas. Is this an easy install or does it require a bunch of panel removal etc. I found a "kit" on ebay but not sure if it would work? Ideas or suggestions anyone? Thanks!

BLUE LED LIGHTS NISSAN ALTIMA SENTRA VERSA JUKE LEAF | eBay

·
Registered
777 Posts
You get what you pay for. a 14 dollar ebay kit is worth just that, 14 bucks, a few leds and some wire and a switch. The Nissan Juke one (from Nissan) runs 180 bucks but takes a bit to install. Alot of taking apart stuff to install and wire it correctly, and might be over the head of some people to do themselves.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one you are talking about from Nissan is the full Illumination Kit or just some foot well lights?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm waiting for a response from my dealer on an estimate for this. He "may" be able to get me a deal, but we'll see.

·
Super Moderator
6,376 Posts
I agree. The Nissan version is labor intensive, but very nice when completed.
The Nissan version also has a knob to cycle through the multiple colors.

I have it but find myself not really using it. However, it would have been nice to have one light bar in the rear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yo

Yeah.......I just picked up my new girl yesterday and I was so anxious to get it that I am waiting on the lights. Im researching if its better to get a random aftermarket kit like StreetGlow, Inc.- Performance LED and Neon Lighting Accessories or to get Nissan to install theirs. Plus, I want to look into a bunch of other after market things like replacing the dang visors, no pull out in them makes them useless.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have been wanting to get the footwell lighting done BADLY! did you have it done yet?? Or did you opt on the kit to DIY?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah....... I want to look into a bunch of other after market things like replacing the dang visors, no pull out in them makes them useless.
Me too! biggest grip with the Juke, if you find a good one that fits post it. I'm looking too.

Sorry for the hijack.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I really want em, but sadly, $500 installed -- it is labor intensive -- for a truly cosmetic mod cannot be justified... I was trying for a deal with my dealer, but so far, no go...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well here's the quote I received: "The Interior Accent Package would be $352.50 installed and the kick plates are $399.50 installed."

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
you can change the circuit to have them turn on when you unlock the doors.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ok I have done this to two cars and plan on doing this to my Juke...I went down to the local Autozone and picked up a couple of flexible LED strips and a switch. It is very easy to do. Looks great and never had a problem with them. You can turn them on and off as you please.

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
I'm thinkin of putting LEDs in the footwells and want to have them spliced into the domelights switched voltage...anyone know where to tap into it...?

·
Registered
175 Posts
This is the reason you just run them straight from the battery with a switch so you can run them whenever you like...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ok I have done this to two cars and plan on doing this to my Juke...I went down to the local Autozone and picked up a couple of flexible LED strips and a switch. It is very easy to do. Looks great and never had a problem with them. You can turn them on and off as you please.
Same here. I have done this on other cars, and it looks good. TOTAL waste of money if they only come on when the doors open!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts