Discussion Starter #1
It looks like it’s coming out of a overflow tube of sorts
anyone know what this comes from?

·
Registered
2014 Nismo RS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow thanks for the fast reply. Is it normal for that fluid to be green? Or does that mean there is a leak somewhere?

·
Registered
587 Posts
are you sure its green and your not just seeing a tint from the ground? Your oem coolant should be blue, so its not that. That port in the photo is for the AC.

·
Registered
2014 Nismo RS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s definitely green fluid it evaporates fast because it’s 108 degrees here but I’ll try to get that in a picture next time

·
Registered
2014 Nismo RS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Okay well here’s a little info about the coolant. A few months back when I was changing oil I noticed the overflow/reservoir was almost empty. Not knowing any better I put green antifreeze in the reservoir and I haven’t noticed the level change since it’s been right at the max fill mark. So does that hose in the picture double as an over flow for the coolant or is it solely for condensation? Also since we are in this topic what’s up with the blue coolant? What makes it special? I’ve started to notice Nissan uses unique fluids and for good reasons. For Example I changed the oil in my manual trans a little while back and that was a specially oil. The dealership actually tried to sell me a brand called elf and in the heat of the moment I chose the Nissan mtf but looked into elf later and found its associated with Renault and I’m sure you know they designed the engines for these Jukes. So I’m going to try that oil next time.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Renault makes the manual transmission in non-RS Jukes. The RS has an Aisin manual transmission (subsidiary of Toyota) and the CVT is Jatco (subsidiary of Nissan). In the US, I am not aware of another Nissan that uses that AISIN transmission, so you may actually have better luck getting transmission-specific fluid from a Toyota dealer. Make sure that your fluids match the specs recommended for your specific transmission... and you can't always trust the dealer to do that.

Back to what you think might be a coolant leak. When you turn on the heat, do you smell coolant? It could be a small leak in your heater core or coolant lines nearby. If it went down faster earlier in the year when the heat would have been in use and hasn't changed as much now that it is warmer, it may have to do with you not using the heater. The AC condensation may be dissolving dried up coolant.

Reactions: EthanV1223

·
Registered
2014 Nismo RS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry I took a while to reply but no I don’t smell anything from the vents I’m not 100% convinced I can even turn on the heater though... it live near Phoenix it’s really hot and even at night it’s usually around 80 degrees when I turn the temp up it definitely blows hot air but even the outside air vented in would be hot... I’ve also had no issues with the ac and no smell coming in while that is on either. But the coolant reservoir is empty again. However the car runs at normal temps..

·
Super Moderator
10,727 Posts
Since the car seems to run ok. You cannot find anything. Just top off the Coolant reservoir.

That being said there are UV dyes that you can put into the coolant and leak test per say.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The AC system runs a dye in the charge. It's a very fluorescent green.

·
Registered
2014 Nismo RS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright so here’s what I’ve been told by a mechanic. It’s most likely a small leak in the heater core. But why would the green antifreeze leak out and not mix with the blue that was already in the radiator/engine. Is the green antifreeze what caused the leak? Also how frequently should the radiator be flushed and the antifreeze replaced?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts