Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to recall people mentioned that the AWD models have no spare tire. I'm not trying to revive that discussion, but was wondering if Nissan would perhaps offer the spare/tools as a package that I could buy and store in the car?

Our current car (smart cabrio) also didn't come with a spare so I carry one of my winters around with me and bought a jack from a wrecker's yard as i didn't want to be stranded on some back-country road out of cell phone range with a flat that can't be fixed with the on-board compressor and tire goop. Money well spent on peace of mind IMO.
So what do you think is the likelyhood of being able to buy an OEM set, and also where would you store it in the car I wonder.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I seem to recall people mentioned that the AWD models have no spare tire. I'm not trying to revive that discussion, but was wondering if Nissan would perhaps offer the spare/tools as a package that I could buy and store in the car?

Our current car (smart cabrio) also didn't come with a spare so I carry one of my winters around with me and bought a jack from a wrecker's yard as i didn't want to be stranded on some back-country road out of cell phone range with a flat that can't be fixed with the on-board compressor and tire goop. Money well spent on peace of mind IMO.
So what do you think is the likelyhood of being able to buy an OEM set, and also where would you store it in the car I wonder.
Not 100% sure but I think the AWD is fitted with a full size spare wheel.

We also drive a Smart Cabrio and want to trade it for the Juke as soon as they are available in South Africa.

·
Registered
447 Posts
the AWD has no spare, im sure you could buy one and keep it in the trunk, but that's a lot of room to take up..

Where is this news about a full size spare?

·
Registered
36 Posts
the AWD has no spare, im sure you could buy one and keep it in the trunk, but that's a lot of room to take up..

Where is this news about a full size spare?
The sale man told me when i with the FWD Juke model in the showroom and the spare tire is small size spare tire and have more space at the back trunk , then the sale man explain to me AWD car must have a full size spare tire , so the trunk will be less space compare with FWD model.:p,

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder if we'll get the spare here in Canada, hope so.

·
Registered
122 Posts
There has to be a spare, you are just not seeing where it is stored. Probably a mini tire for the FWD. It's reasonable that the AWD requires a full size spare because of the computer controlled AWD which would not sense the lessor traction and handling of a mini tire. I don't know why the tires aren't stowed under the car floor on the outside especially the AWd which doesn't use torsion beam axles but there must be a reason. I'm just glad they didn't decide to stick a spare tire carrier on the back door. I hate that look.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There has to be a spare, you are just not seeing where it is stored.
There doesn't HAVE to be a spare, my other car doesn't have one, just a can of goo and an electric compressor.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I hope that you are correct. I have had good luck with tires in the past, but I don't believe in tempting fate. I will only get a flat in the only car that I don't have a spare.

There is a spare on the AWD, you just have to lift up the floor of the trunk. It is sitting right underneath.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm pretty sure there's a spare tire for the AWD model. If it didn't come with one then the Juke would've came with run-flat tires. Personally I removed the spare on several of my cars to save weight and only carry an air compressor and a small tire repair kit. So far I only had to use the repair kit once and it wasn't even for my car.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was reading the manual i downloaded from nissan's website and there is a spare in both the FWd and the AWD, here's the size info from page 306

SPARE TIRE
T135/80D16 101M (2WD)
T135/90D16 102M (AWD)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just confirming that the AWD model does indeed come with a spare tire.

Whether it's full size or not, I don't know, but it's got one on the inside of the car under the trunk.

·
Registered
43 Posts
RubxQub -- did you see it yourself?

I am just totally confused because there have been 4-5 different versions of whether the AWD version comes with a spare but not a single has said they can confirm because they have seen it personally.. (or they didn't state they saw the tire with their own eyes).

The reason I am confused/skeptical is that in the brochure they showed the rear storage area under the back carpet of an AWD version as having these two deep plastic pockets for storage. When I went in the show room and looked at the storage are of the FWD (no AWD at the dealer) one of the two pockets had a jack and tools for changing a tire. When I lifted up the storage bin -- sure enough there was a spare. But going back to the photo in the brochure of the AWD version, it illustrated that rear storage area without the jack and tire changing tools -- which a conspiracy theorist might say indicates that there is no spare in that care -- so no need for tools?

I am about to put an order in for an AWD version and while it's maybe not a deal-breaker for me it would be nice to know 100% from someone that has SEEN WITH THIER OWN EYES that there is, in fact, a spare in the read storage are of an AWD Juke.

Anyone seen with their own eyes?

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Yes, I have seen with my own eyes a spare tire. The FWD has the storage under the trunk, the AWD does not. BOTH have a spare tire. The AWD is a 16in spare. 195-90R16, or something around there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, I have seen with my own eyes a spare tire. The FWD has the storage under the trunk, the AWD does not. BOTH have a spare tire. The AWD is a 16in spare. 195-90R16, or something around there.
Thanks for solving that mystery!

Where is the spare located in the AWD if its not under the trunk..? I am assuming when you said the AWD spare isn't under the trunk storage area that the spare tire itself occupies the space where there is a storage bin space in the FWD? And you just don't get that extra storage space when you lift up the carpet in the back..?

Chris

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
I have never seen a FWD, but from reviews it seems there is a storage area immediately under the trunk, with the spare underneath that. In the AWD, you do not get this storage area; instead, the wheel is just right there.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've seen the spare with my own eyes. :)

Again, I haven't bothered to see what size it is, but there is certainly a tire under the floor of my trunk!

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I can also now verify that there IS a spare. All of my local dealers now have several Jukes. I did go and look at an SV. The salesman opened the back and showed the spare to me.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts