Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aside from the rather rough ride, there's still one issue that I can't get past: Lack of lumbar adjustment. I have a horrible back problem. Sitting for long drives >4 hours means the pain reaches an unbearable amount if I don't have a great lumbar support in the seat. I have sat in the Juke SL. The lumbar area is supported, but not adjustable in any fashion.

Frankly, I find that the general lack of luxury in the SL to be a bit of a disappointment. I would gladly pay another $2k for the car if it had motorized seat adjustments and a more refined interior, or at least more manual adjustments on the seat. Up, down, back and forth, and recline only.... with leather? Makes no sense to me at all.

Anyway, the question I have for you Jukers is, do you find the lumbar region support to be adequate on long drives? Do you have back problems?

Thanks...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have taken a 12 hour / 6 hour one way trip in my Juke and had no issues. I thought the seat was very comfortable and my back was fine. I don't have chronic back problems but on occasion I do have lower back issues.

The only things I feel are missing in the "seating position" on a long trip are a pedestal to lay your left foot on on long stretches of highway and the center console on the right leaves little room to reposition your right leg.. but those are minor to me.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I rarely drive that long, but if so, I might bring a pillow.

The "lack of luxury" also doesn't bother me because it's an economy car, not a luxury car. We all know they made compromises to give us the wealth of features at a low price point.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had a microdiscotomy 6 years ago, L5-S1, so I can relate to you back issues.

I have only spent roughly 3 consecutive hours in the Juke, but have not felt any discomfort at all.

In any car, if I am in stop and go traffic, constantly touching the break, my back bugs me a little. But this happens no matter what car I drive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I did read that there are hints of an Infiniti version of the Juke. Perhaps that's the answer. I won't be buying until sometime next year anyway, so I'll just wait it out. My current ride will be fine until then.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

I did read that there are hints of an Infiniti version of the Juke. Perhaps that's the answer. I won't be buying until sometime next year anyway, so I'll just wait it out. My current ride will be fine until then.

I'm guessing it will be a EX25 since they just came out with the G25x. The EPA estimate for the G25x is 19/27 and I'd like a little better and it'll probably start around $35K for AWD.

Another car I have my eye on is the Audi Q3, estimated to arrive in fall 2011.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Obeg,

I never thought to check but is there no pedestal for your left foot??

If that is the case, I must get something made and fitted. I love the pedestal in my RAV4. I thought all cars had them now!!

Yep no pedestal... not something I ever imagined I would miss - guess I was spoiled by one in my last car. Seems like something that would be easy and cheap to do aftermarket though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the Audi Q3 hint sukimi. Looks like a winner.

I just hope that Audi doesn't follow the stupid trend of blue LED dash gauge illumination. Thankfully, the Juke doesn't have it. Yet. They "improved" the Infiniti G37 coupe with Blue illumination. Bah..... Ugly.... Horrible...Terrible for the eyes.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Frankly, I find that the general lack of luxury in the SL to be a bit of a disappointment. I would gladly pay another $2k for the car if it had motorized seat adjustments and a more refined interior, or at least more manual adjustments on the seat. Up, down, back and forth, and recline only.... with leather? Makes no sense to me at all.

Anyway, the question I have for you Jukers is, do you find the lumbar region support to be adequate on long drives? Do you have back problems?
I think the line between luxury and economy is definitely blurred on the SL model. I'm 6'3" and to me the Juke is comfortable in just about any seating position, something I've never found in any other car. I'm used to having lumbar support but I'm almost afraid at this point that if I had it then it would turn the Juke back into "play with the seating position for 5 minutes until you find that sweet spot" type of car.

I find my Juke to be very luxurious, any more and I would consider it too much. I also own a Mercedes 420SEL. I would gladly give up the power seats and memory function in that thing for manual adjustments. It's faster and when one of the motors goes out (mine has on the drivers head rest) your f****d.

My only comfort complaint so far is lack of armrest and foot rest.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a microdiscotomy 6 years ago, L5-S1, so I can relate to you back issues.

I have only spent roughly 3 consecutive hours in the Juke, but have not felt any discomfort at all.

In any car, if I am in stop and go traffic, constantly touching the break, my back bugs me a little. But this happens no matter what car I drive.
I have that problem too. I constantly put the car in park when stopped in traffic and at all red lights.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts