Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been able to locate a Kicker 40CWRT81, new or used with no luck. The new Kicker 43CWRT81 is available but expensive, at least up here.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Better yes, does anyone have a Kicker "kicking" around that they don't want?

Are there any other shallow sub options I should consider for the OEM box and head/amp?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Just did some price/source checking and you are right, the price on those blew up. Seems pretty price fixed at $135.xx USD everywhere.

I've never heard of any other sub that was as good of a match for OEM replacement than that one. Between enclosure reqs and dvc @ .5 ohm, it really is the only drop-in replacement.

If you are considering using an amp, and just want to use the oem enclosure, then the sky is the limit. Just need to find a sub that works in the oem enclosure volume (i think .4 ft^3? double check that). As long as the sub physically fits and matches specs for that enclosure size, then no need to worry about resistance/ohms.dvc on it. Just match the resistance to the amp you plan on using and run with it.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At that price, I'm wondering if it is enough of a noticeable upgrade with the OEM amp and head to make it worth while.

I'm not looking to do much more than that, but I plan on having the back apart to do some sound treatment so I thought I should do the upgrade at the same time. Maybe reducing cabin noise, installing some Fast Rings in the doors and stuffing some poly fill in the woofer enclosure might be good enough for me.

·
Super Moderator
10,728 Posts
Still worth the money BUT

If you have the skillz. Install a sub amp using its high level inputs. Make sure the amp includes a remote volume control and then use a different 8" sub as @Bargeld suggested and that will totally make it worth while.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Personally, I purchased a full enclosure WITH that kicker sub in it from another forum member years ago. When I installed it, I opened it up and filled it FULL of polyfill. Still using stock amp but huge improvement. I still want to get an aftermarket amp for it and think it would do great with 300 watts through it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts