Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
161 - 165 of 165 Posts
Discussion starter · #162 ·
fantastic shots great job , looks like a marketing ad
Thanks, I guess. I work in marketing, so this kind of writing does come somewhat naturally to me. To be honest though I died a little when I wrote, "[FONT=&quot]state of the art Continuously Variable Transmission". Ugh, marketing speak. We're the worst.[/FONT]:wink-new:

Your pics are show room quality. Your write up is pitch perfect. Your Juke is clean. If you can't sell it with what you've provided, it's the buyer's market at fault. Good job and good luck.

I hope it never sells and you are stuck with it and fall back in love with it....

:p

Discussion starter · #165 ·
I was in the neighborhood, so I thought I'd swing by here and give an update. After almost a month listed online, with very few serious prospects, I got a call from the local Lexus dealership offering me cash sight unseen. I took them up on their offer and washed my hands of the old Juke, although I can't fathom why a dealership with access to wholesale auctions would offer me high BlueBook for my used car. I didn't ask questions, just took the money and ran. I wonder if they already had a customer lined up.

I owned that horrible Jeep for a whole 12 months before giving up on it. Every time I got in, something new broke which meant that I never really got around to some of the improvements I'd planned. I dropped about $2000 into parts and busted my knuckles every weekend I owned it. I met my goal of a week long trip back in June, after which I began shopping for it's replacement. Here's a shot from that trip, Olancha Peak looms in the background.

One night in August I was surfing Craigslist before bed and saw a listing for my dream car, within my budget, a few miles from my office. I sent off an email and went to sleep. The next morning I arranged to see the car on my lunch break and made an offer. The seller had 2 other parties lined up to see it that night, plus more leads coming in. I had to jump on it otherwise I'd have missed my chance. We test drove it to his house to pick up the title, then to my bank for a cashier's check. I dropped him off back at his work and drove my new car home that night.

It's a lot bigger than the Jeep, and would've towered over the little ol' Juke. I've always wanted a Land Cruiser, particularly of this generation, and I'm thrilled with it. I immediately cleaned up the Jeep and photographed it for another classified listing.

I got an offer after about a week from a young kid who showed up with his Dad in another lifted Cherokee, so it ended up in a good home. They paid $800 more than I did to purchase, but that doesn't include what I spent in repairs over the year. In all I think it cost me about as much as three Juke payments to drive that Jeep for a year. It wasn't the cost, but the frustration that caused me to sell it. I just never liked it enough to warrant the time it consumed.

As for the 'Cruiser, I love it more every day. My daughter calls it "Daddy Truck" and gets excited to go for rides in it. I've been telling folks that I bought it for her 16th birthday, now 14 years away. I've enjoyed working on it on the weekends making little improvements and catching up on maintenance for a 185,000mi vehicle. There's a lot that it needs to get it to the comfort level of the Juke, but at least I can just get in and drive anywhere for the first time since having the Juke. It's certainly big enough to work as a family cross-country vehicle, but I do miss the gas mileage I used to get. I also have to worry about parking garage ceilings, and tight parking spots. Mostly I miss this forum, you folks are some of the nicest you'll find on the internet.

Here are a couple more pics from my most recent trip back to the Cuyama Valley for some trails that scared me off in my old Subaru/Nissan days.

Happy Holidays, Juke Forum. I hope you all have a wonderful 2019 ahead of you. I'll keep smiling at every Juke I see on the road, and if you see me and my behemoth out there on the highways give me a wave.
:vs_wave:

161 - 165 of 165 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.