Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Started with the exhaust, needed change anyway...

Custom exhaust-Resonator delete-Magnaflow muffler... Result in the video below...

Next...Ordered an Injen SP1900P - Air Intake - SP Series Intake System, will be delivered this Friday

Any comments, thoughts or advise regarding the CAI will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
My only comment would be make sure you get the sock for the filter to protect from water. Other than that. Enjoy man it's great

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My only comment would be make sure you get the sock for the filter to protect from water. Other than that. Enjoy man it's great
Thanks jdubz8...I will order it right now...

Got this one: [h=1]Injen Technology X-1033BLK Black Hydro-Shield Pre-Filter[/h]
41Jqe5tNOkL.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,654 Posts
intercooler pipes and a nice divert valve should follow shortly after the intake. maybe a boost gauge for monitoring. My only comment on the exhaust is the pipe looks a little low to the ground, but it looks like you had to do it that way to get the pass through muffler to work. I'd be concerned with steep driveways and entrance/exit ways.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Love your signature Joe lol
Are you coming to Fridays GTA Juke meet?

With the CAI - if you're thinking Front Strut Bar - you're now limited to the IRZ/Injen Strut Bar. If you went SRI - any Strut Bar would fit.

PS - nice tip on the exhaust!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Love your signature Joe lol
Are you coming to Fridays GTA Juke meet?

With the CAI - if you're thinking Front Strut Bar - you're now limited to the IRZ/Injen Strut Bar. If you went SRI - any Strut Bar would fit.

PS - nice tip on the exhaust!
Thanks man, I know, IRZ/Injen Strut Bar would be the way to go, I'd like to show up, time and location for the Friday's GTA meeting?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
intercooler pipes and a nice divert valve should follow shortly after the intake. maybe a boost gauge for monitoring. My only comment on the exhaust is the pipe looks a little low to the ground, but it looks like you had to do it that way to get the pass through muffler to work. I'd be concerned with steep driveways and entrance/exit ways.
Yes, you are right, but so far no scraping on speed bumps, steep driveways and entrance/exits no issues...

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ok guys CAI installed, sounds just beautiful after 4k revs...

I didn't like this part...

...now there is this little hose behind the battery... unplugged !!??, what to do with that?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,139 Posts
Just a safety tip here. If that one pic is of a yellow fuse holder. I would move it closer to the positive post on the battery. And grounding/exposed wire between the fuse holder and the positive post connection is live no matter what and will cause damage.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Just a safety tip here. If that one pic is of a yellow fuse holder. I would move it closer to the positive post on the battery. And grounding/exposed wire between the fuse holder and the positive post connection is live no matter what and will cause damage.
That yellow fuse comes from the electronic rust protection corrosion control module, I've installed following the instruction, should I relocate the module?...thank you Mac

20161026_170210 (2).jpg

·
Super Moderator
10,139 Posts
I would. Any after market accessory connected and (should be) fused at the battery should be done as close as feasible. Yeah yeah some people are gonna say other but it is for safeties sake and its not hard to do.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would. Any after market accessory connected and (should be) fused at the battery should be done as close as feasible. Yeah yeah some people are gonna say other but it is for safeties sake and its not hard to do.
Thank you Mac, I will...regarding the lil'hose behind the battery seems was plugged some where to the OEM filter box, what to do with?

·
Super Moderator
10,139 Posts
That hose is a transmission vent line I believe.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That hose is a transmission vent line I believe.
Better view...

20161030_215453 (2).jpg

yeah, comes from the transmission, should I leave it like that?

·
Super Moderator
10,139 Posts
Yup. Thats it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I Little update...

I don't like stuff half done, so I got the auxiliary pipe...

I will install this Turbosmart boost gauge thing...

Quick question please, where would be the best place to cut and place the "T" connector...

and Regarding BOV which is better...Forge or Turbosmart? Thank you guys in advance for helping this noob...

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
They're both reliable. I personally went Synapse. Only because when I switch cars, I can change the mount and reuse the Synapse for any car with the correct flange and not have to buy a new one for a LOOOOOONNNNGGGG time lol.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
They're both reliable. I personally went Synapse. Only because when I switch cars, I can change the mount and reuse the Synapse for any car with the correct flange and not have to buy a new one for a LOOOOOONNNNGGGG time lol.
And they're oh so so pretty...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 111 Posts