Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a nismo RS with 24 k miles. are these cars essentially factory engineer lemons? have I wasted my money and should I try to dump it as soon as possible ?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Not a fan of nismo/rs seats, but im 8 years and going strong (with mods and no breakdowns!)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I just picked up a nismo RS with 24 k miles. are these cars essentially factory engineer lemons? have I wasted my money and should I try to dump it as soon as possible ?
Usually people will ask before they buy with that said I think the Juke reliability is acceptable it's not a Civic or a Corolla but it's not a lemon either with the RS your 6MT not CVT so that is one less big thing that can go wrong.

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
are these cars essentially factory engineer lemons?
No. you always hear about the negatives, the breakdowns, the failures. But above, you'll see some positives. The posts of "this car sucks" or "why did they make such a horrible unreliable car" are typically due to failure to follow recommended maintenance (I'm making a generalization here). Do defects exists and therefore failures occur? absolutely, but that's because nothing is 100% free from failure, except gravity, that never fails. All we can do is keep up on maintenance, don't be an idiot when driving it, and enjoy it.

I love my Juke and will probably never trade it. When it breaks I'll first try and fix it, then either part it or scrap it if I can't.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why do you ask is if their cars are lemons? You do understand that this is a forum for enthusiasts, and all I can figure is that you’re looking to piss someone off. Is that what you are up to?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Lol

I mean it's a Nissan product, therefore pretty much the lowest quality car you can buy from any manufacturer. But doesn't mean it's necessarily bad. It's an economy car with the same issues any other car does other than the rampant transmission problems because Nissan makes pure trash-bin transmissions (if you buy the CVT).

As the car ages (like any car ever made) you'll start to see stuff like window motors going out, random vibrations, random sensors maybe going out, rubber in the suspension needing to be replaced (control arm bushings, sway bar bushings, sway bar end link etc etc....)

I wouldn't recommend the car based off the fact that it's a Nissan, not because it's a Juke...... if that makes sense.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Not sure why the bashing of Nissan cars. My 2013 6MT Juke has 105,000 miles on it. ZERO issues except timing chain recall. Just routine maintenance. I've used synthetic oil every 5-7K miles. I've also owned a 1993 Altima and a 1991 SEV6 truck. Drove both well over 100K with zero issues. Juke is getting 29mpg highway and is one of the best cars I've owned.

·
Registered
2012 SV box stock
9 Posts
I am about to turn 100k on mine, I have had zero issues with the car. All I can say is they are better than american cars of the same value.

·
Super Moderator
10,727 Posts
10,500 miles and No issues. Well I want more power. Does that count ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure why the bashing of Nissan cars. My 2013 6MT Juke has 105,000 miles on it. ZERO issues except timing chain recall. Just routine maintenance. I've used synthetic oil every 5-7K miles. I've also owned a 1993 Altima and a 1991 SEV6 truck. Drove both well over 100K with zero issues. Juke is getting 29mpg highway and is one of the best cars I've owned.
What state are you in?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Lol

I mean it's a Nissan product, therefore pretty much the lowest quality car you can buy from any manufacturer. But doesn't mean it's necessarily bad. It's an economy car with the same issues any other car does other than the rampant transmission problems because Nissan makes pure trash-bin transmissions (if you buy the CVT).

As the car ages (like any car ever made) you'll start to see stuff like window motors going out, random vibrations, random sensors maybe going out, rubber in the suspension needing to be replaced (control arm bushings, sway bar bushings, sway bar end link etc etc....)

I wouldn't recommend the car based off the fact that it's a Nissan, not because it's a Juke...... if that makes sense.

Lowest quality cars you can buy from any manufacturer?

That's just, like, wrong. And stupid. Sorry. I could post up all the factual reasons why that is stupid and wrong but I'm not going to bother. Also it's amazing how keen you seem to spend large sums of money on a car you apparently hate.

Ignore the media and follow the statistics - Nissan still makes decent cars that edge out both American and European cars in reliability. The Juke is also a very JDM pure car, it was made in Japan for the Japanese market specifically and just happened to mozy its way on over to North America. It's built to Japanese consumer expectations and is a good car, especially as far as economy cars go. And the RS is a prime example of how you can take an economy platform and turn it into a legit fun sport performer.

Lowest quality manufacturer. Psh. Tell that to the 160k mile 2008 Nismo Frontier I never had a single issue with before I traded it in for my RS, or the currently in my garage 110k mile and problem free 2012 Pro-4x Xterra.

Are you really claiming that some FCA made turd on wheels is a better buy than a Nissan? I mean wtf.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Nissan builds decent cars though with that said everything being equal I wouldn't pick it over a Honda or Toyota. Not many vehicles in this price range built in Japan anymore this was one of the selling features when we decided on the Juke.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts