Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my car back from Injen and got a new cold air intake and all I can say is AWESOME. Just being able to hear the turbo spool made the drive home that much more fun.

With all my excitement, I did not have a chance to take any pictures before it got dark but I promise I will post some up assuming I can post it. (have not tried yet but I know I was not allowed to post links when I last tried)

From my recollection, the intake shows an increase of roughly 16 hp and 18 lbs of torque at the wheels. That's pretty impressive given that is more than a 10% increase in hp and torque and more than what I got with installing the intake in my other car.

I should have a copy of the dyno next week and I will post it as well. The good news is for those of you waiting for a quality cold air intake, it should be available in a month or so.

Talking to the guys at Injen, it seems that the stock intercooler piping is actually pretty sufficient but I understand that there might be an interest in aftermarket intercooler piping from the GTM thread. Please respond if that is the case since they may be making that part if there is genuine interest from the community. I just wish they would consider making an exhaust cause I love the one on my other car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Gotta see some pic soon dude!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
As far as talking to Injen about what response they would get about a CAI and upgraded intercooler piping, refer to this thread please:

http://www.jukeforums.com/forum/nis...ler-piping-k-no-more-stock-piping-issues.html

Since GTM has not gotten back to us yet, maybe a little competition from Injen will spark a good race for business from them both. If you do talk to Injen again, along with telling them just how interested people are, see if you can talk them into a group rate for the CAI and/or the upgraded intercooler piping please. Just one more thing: some people have also been asking about an upgraded intercooler, so if you could maybe slip that into the conversation, that would be awesome. Thanks!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are the pictures I promised

Here are some more close ups:

I tried to take a picture of filter but was unable to unless I removed the bumper or front wheel and fender liner. It sits just above the wine rack under the driver side headlight just so you guys know where it is.

Oh, and by the way. Injen uses a dry filter.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i do want. i was gonna keep my juke stock but if you get that much increase from just axle back and intake i may have to go against myself and purchase some parts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's a great improvement! I can't wait to see the dyno, to see just where it bumped everything.

Really neat to see that these cars are taking well to mods, can't wait to get mine!

·
Registered
63 Posts
This CAI looks sick!!! Any ideas when can get our hands on it??I'm getting excited just looking at you pictures :)

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
wow!! Some great mods finally appearing.
Where the intake meets the factory hose ( next to the band clamp ) can you explain what that is and why the photo has been edited? At first i thought it was just a reflection, but when i checked it out. There was blur added. Poorly i might add.

What is the white plastic stuff coming out of the side of the intake?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Oh I'm definitely down about getting this once it's released! I had a full Injen intake on my Stratus R/T Coupe and will definitely get another for sure. However, if the filter is mounted in the front just above the wine rack, how easy is it for water to get in there? I get my car washed every 2-3 days as the dust here in Phoenix is ridiculous! With that being said, I'll get this Injen intake system, but then ADD this additional part; the air bypass filter, for that "just in case" water enters the intake... anyone had one of these on there cars before?

·
Super Moderator
6,376 Posts
Oh I'm definitely down about getting this once it's released! I had a full Injen intake on my Stratus R/T Coupe and will definitely get another for sure. However, if the filter is mounted in the front just above the wine rack, how easy is it for water to get in there? I get my car washed every 2-3 days as the dust here in Phoenix is ridiculous! With that being said, I'll get this Injen intake system, but then ADD this additional part; the air bypass filter, for that "just in case" water enters the intake... anyone had one of these on there cars before?

I had one from AEM on my Prelude. All vehicles with the CAI filter being mounted below the bumper should have one.

·
Registered
138 Posts
kind of funny a cold air intake before it gets BLASTED with the heat from the turbo. the only way this makes better power is the air is more stream line no way the filter relocation will make a big difference on a turbocharged car

1 - 20 of 102 Posts