Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just baselined my Nismo RS 6-mt a few hours ago. Bone stock with 950 miles on the odometer. Did all 3 pulls in 4th gear as that is the 1:1 gear. First 2 runs were in Sport mode, the last in Normal, only difference is when the power comes on, but the same power.

199.8whp and 213.8 torque with an indicated 16psi of boost, on Z1 Motorsports Dynojet in STD mode.

Nissan rates the Nismo RS 6-mt at 215hp and 210 torque at the crank. Either Nissan underrates the RS or I have a ringer.

Now you see why you want a manual transmission to get the most power to the wheels? CVT robs power, and so does AWD.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I wonder if it would be possible to flash the RS tune onto the normal Nismos, allow them to fully utilize higher boost on stock settup with a boost controller, although I suppose the RS tune would use the stock solonoid to control boost better. I can't see it being too big of an issue with the 6MT, the CVT might be an issue though
I know the normal Nismo hits fuel cut at 20psi, but runs the same 12psi as the normal Juke, if the RS hits 16psi stock, I'd think the fuel cut might be higher, closer to 24psi

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Congrats, thats great. AWD is worth every penny, the CVT is the main problem. The RS CVT/AWD was way the hell slower than the RS 6spd I drove, much closer to a stock Juke actually. Your numbers kind of confirm what I saw on my RS test drives. The 6spd felt light and quick for a completely stock car, very much like my 05 STi test drive back before I bought it. I like the power curve from 5000-6500 rpms, very flat. The CVTs on the base Jukes are nothing like that as they take a hard nose dive on the dyno on the topend.

I wouldn't say you have a ringer, but my CVT car dynoed about the same and the RS 6 spd I drove was no match for it SOTP but maybe it was on a lower octane map. Either way, the RS 6 spd is really how the Juke's should have come, possibly a nice little alternative to the base WRX's and EVO Lancer's.

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
Very Nice NissanEgg....and thanks for posting!

Those are decent starting numbers (200whp/214TQ) for a stock MT FWD RS considering +16psi boost, stock RS tweaked tune, and essentially a stock RS Catback (with no mid-pipe muffler?) exhaust system installed ...200whp should equate to roughly ~230hp @crank for an MT FWD which is ~ 15hp over Nissan's RS quoted spec...Clearly from your dyno Nissan raises boost levels on the RS to +16psi which contributes quite a bit to higher torque numbers...For reference the standard Juke Nismo is setup @ ~13psi and standard stock Juke @~12psi.....

And although they are very impressive initial numbers its not really all that surprising as a few of us have also found that Nissan does seem to under-rate the Juke's stock performance numbers based on past dyno evaluations performed over the past few years where a few folks reported seeing as high as ~190whp on just a stock MT FWD Juke with no tune or bolt-ons added....

·
Registered
72 Posts
good numbers. Maybe thats why they beefed up the lower half the motor to make sure it could handle the extra psi reliably

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
good numbers. Maybe thats why they beefed up the lower half the motor to make sure it could handle the extra psi reliably
yeah...the MT RS reportedly has stronger connecting rods, beefed up dual mass flywheel and pressure plate, and transmission gearings....but I hadn't heard anymore more than that engine and transmission wise that was upgraded?

I'm waiting to see what the 2015 Nismo RS refresh looks like before I decide if I want to continue on with the Juke or move on to another vehicle... its certainly been a fun adventure with the Juke for the past 3.5 years....

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Awesome numbers

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah...the MT RS reportedly has stronger connecting rods, beefed up dual mass flywheel and pressure plate, and transmission gearings....but I hadn't heard anymore more than that engine and transmission wise that was upgraded?
Correct on the flywheel and clutch cover, and transmission. The RS mt get different rod bearings and crank sprocket. But the rods are the same according to the part numbers.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Z1 did do a "image dump" with the UpRev software. Basically they copied the stock ECU tune and sent it in to UpRev since the ECU number isn't listed in UpRev's database yet.

So maybe you could do a "RS" tune on lesser Jukes with UpRev in the future.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Curious to see what the CVT version does then if these numbers are looking good for 6mt's

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just baselined my Nismo RS 6-mt a few hours ago. Bone stock with 950 miles on the odometer. Did all 3 pulls in 4th gear as that is the 1:1 gear. First 2 runs were in Sport mode, the last in Normal, only difference is when the power comes on, but the same power.

199.8whp and 213.8 torque with an indicated 16psi of boost, on Z1 Motorsports Dynojet in STD mode.

Nissan rates the Nismo RS 6-mt at 215hp and 210 torque at the crank. Either Nissan underrates the RS or I have a ringer.

Now you see why you want a manual transmission to get the most power to the wheels? CVT robs power, and so does AWD.
Nice Numbers The sticks are way better for drag racing the but the CVTs are Fun too... I love the Feel of AWD very fun to drive in winter.. But honestly with stock turbo, same Bolt on's and same tune the CVT's are just as fast up to 230 240 WHP, but in a quarter the sticks are about a second faster because of weight that's it.. I've seen a Stick do 13's and a CVT do 14's both on the same 2J tune Basically 19Lb's of boost..

·
Registered
489 Posts
Wow dug this up from the grave! This is so old that I thought nissanegg went out and bought another juke! Lol 😆

·
Super Moderator
11,318 Posts
The difference is the 6 speed can take it lap after lap. Run after run. You will SMOKE a CVT in no time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts