Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
Nice 2011 !!!

Nice tandem too.

Reactions: Juno and WNYJuke

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
You didn’t waste any time! Nice work. How does she like the Sound of the exhaust?

Make sure the timing chain recall was done and keep the Nissan CVT fluid fresh.

·
Registered
2011 SL AWD. Gently modified.
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The exhaust is very mellow. A subtle growl, and not loud. Then WOT is a blast. Authoritative and a nice roar.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Washed, polished, waxed, black plastic treated, and RainX

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Juno projects continue:
- new headlight bulbs

- service subwoofer. All screws were loose, even those with Loctite. Filled cavity with acoustical material and covered back of unit with sound deadening treatment.

- insulated rear of car. Painted supports for flair.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Your poor daughter isn't getting any time to drive HER car around with you working on it all the time!! :p

You are covering all the bases well. Looks great. Don't forget the most important thing with the CVT model: fluid changes.

Reactions: Juno

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
Nice. Juke looks in good shape.

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
Do the struts still hold it up ?

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Do the struts still hold it up ?
That is a lot of unneeded weight. Lot's of people do 100% deadener instead of only the 25% - 50% deadener (with a 100% open cell layer on top) that is needed. I think that it's because it looks cool.

I did about 40% deadener coverage in my old Juke front doors and even that is too much weight and the doors are sagging slightly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Mods continue:
Installed CVT cooler, changed filter, and 5.75 qt of NS2.

New beehive

CVT tube and fin

polished yellow headlights- before

4 step sand and compound process- during

New fog light bulbs

Installed turbo oil line upgrade, CAI, and strut brace. Also painted battery bracket.

More to come...

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
How much did you enjoy changing the turbo oil feed line? Were your turbo heat shield bolts removable? How much effort did it take to bend the Cat heat shield out of the way for the lower bolt?

My bolts had no heads left they were so rusted and I had to bend the shield back. My cat shield took a good hour of prying and hammering to get the ratcheting wrench on. Then there was the the 30 minutes or so to rethread the lower bolt in the tight space, etc. It was about 3 hours all together, and my OEM line turned out to be perfectly fine. It's good to have peace of mind, though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How much did you enjoy changing the turbo oil feed line? Were your turbo heat shield bolts removable? How much effort did it take to bend the Cat heat shield out of the way for the lower bolt?
The oil line is a challenge. I don’t have tiny hands, and space is tight for sure. The four bolts- three 8mm and one 10mm- came out with some work. The heatshield bent up with crowbar, and slid back into place. Got three bolts back in. I would rather not have to do it again.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Did the original oil line still flow ok? Mine was wet at both ends and lube sprayed through uninhibited. What is the mileage on this one again?

Don't forget to post a photo of the headlight lens completed.

·
Super Moderator
10,961 Posts
That line can flow oil however bc of its design. It can fail with age rather quickly if we understand what is happening correctly. Better to change out and be done with it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did the original oil line still flow ok?
What is the mileage on this one again?
Don't forget to post a photo of the headlight lens completed.
Still flowed, but better safe than sorry.
‘11 bought w 49k miles.
Will do.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts